Contact: Wendel Sloan at 505.562.2253
Portales—Eastern New Mexico University's office of African American Affairs is celebrating Black History Month with a number of February events. The public is invited.
The month ends with the dance group Agalu on Feb. 27, with one performance at 11 a.m., and a second at a 6:30 p.m. banquet.
"Agalu—The Spirit of the Drums—is a Nigerian dance and drumming troupe. They performed at Eastern last year.
The banquet is open to the public at $15 per ticket. Tickets are free for full-time African American students.
For more information, call 505.562.2437.
Schedule of Events
Celebrate Black History Month
"Black History is America's History"
Calendar of Events – February 2006
- February 13—Art Expo, Aztec Room, 6–7:30 p.m.
- February 16—"Alfred & Seymour" Comedians, Ground Zero, 8 p.m.
- February 23—Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Ground Zero in Campus Union, 7 p.m.
- February 25—Cannon Air Force Base Fashion Show and Dance, CAFB, 5 p.m until it's over
- February 27—Agaula Dance Presentation, Becky Sharp Auritorium, 11 a.m.
- February 27—Black History Banquet (with Agaula Dance Presentation), CUB Ballroom, 6:30–8:30 p.m.