|Eligibility:||All full-time faculty who are completing at least five years at ENMU|
|Focus:||Academic achievement with particular emphasis on the last five years|
$2000 each and plaque prepared by the president’s office
- knowledge of advising procedures and regulations (e.g., prerequisites,
class rotation, repeat policy)
- accessibility and availability to students
- ability to mentor and guide students to make good decisions (e.g., major, career
- contribution to university-wide discussions on effective advising
- publication and/or presentation (in the discipline at meeting of a learned society)
- significant awards/recognition
- grants/other funding
- involvement of students
- significant committee work
- service to department or discipline and/or
- service to university and/or
- service to community
- ability to engage the student
- knowledge and use of best teaching strategies
- ability to challenge students
- responsiveness to student needs/concerns
Process for Identifying Recipients
Nominations may be made by:
- faculty (may include dept. chair)
- students (for advising, service, and teaching)
- university employees (for advising and service)
Note: Submissions are only accepted by standard nomination form. In any given year, not all awards may be recommended/presented.
- Faculty may be nominated in more than one category.
- Faculty are eligible to receive the same award again after an additional five year period.
- Nominations are submitted to the Academic Affairs office.