- Assessment that Matters; Creating Authentic Academic Cultures of Evidence by Peter T. Ewell (2004)
- Evaluating Learning in Individual Courses by Barbara D. Wright (September 1999)
North Central Association (NCA) Recommendations
- A Decade of Assessing Student Learning: What We Have Learned; What's Next? by Cecilia L. López (1999)
- Outcomes Assessment in Higher Education, Views and Perspectives. 2004. Edited by Peter Hernon and Robert E. Dugan. Connecticut: Libraries Unlimited.
- Learner-Centered Assessment on College Campuses, 2000. Mary E. Huba and Jann E. Freed. Maryland: Allyn and Bacon.
- Assessment Essentials - Planning, Implementing, and Improving Assessment in Higher Education. 1999. By Catherine A. Paloma and Trudy W. Banta. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
- Assessment in Practice. Putting Principles to Work on College Campuses. 1996. By Trudy W. Banta, Jon P. Lund, Karen E. Black, France W. Oblander. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
- Making a Difference: Outcomes of a Decade of Assessment in Higher Education. 1993. By Trudy W. Banta & Associates. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
- Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers. 2 nd Ed. 1993. By Thomas Angelo and K. Patricia Cross. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass