Our online Master of Science in Nursing(MSN) program offers opportunities for professional nurses to become nurse educators and to directly impact our current and predicted national nursing shortage. Our program is designed for you if you are a nurse and wish to complete your degree in two years. We understand that to foster motivation, self-directedness and setting of personal and professional goals, you need to work at your own pace. Our master's in nursing online program fulfills the following needs:
- Prepares you to assume the role of nursing instructor in associate and baccalaureate degree nursing programs in the state of New Mexico and beyond.
- Addresses the national and statewide nursing shortage by providing a larger pool of nursing instructors to increase the output of nursing schools in the region and throughout the U.S.
- Provides you the opportunity to achieve a master-level nursing degree without leaving your community, while working full-time, and through a quality, low-cost, public institution of higher learning.
Nursing Program Learning Outcomes
- Create nursing curricula in both academic nursing education and professional staff development.
- Apply leadership principles to respond to the growing complexity of health care instruction at all levels.
- Analyze nursing philosophy and methods of qualitative and quantitative research to make evidenced-based nursing practice decisions as an educator.
- Examine personal and professional ethics regarding health policy decisions, plans and actions to be undertaken to achieve quality health care delivery within a society.
- Design a contextual nursing program curriculum.
Learning Format For Nursing Graduate Degree Coursework
Our graduate degree in nursing is designed to be completed 100% online. You’ll complete assignments, group and individual projects, group and individual presentations, readings and tests throughout the semester. Recorded lectures via Mediasite will connect you with professors and other students on your own time. Your participation, related to recorded lectures, can be done at your convenience, rather than during a specific time. As nursing becomes increasingly integrated with digital technology we want to make sure you are prepared so we also use the programs Shadow Health Inc. and The Neighborhood in our teaching practices.
Advising for Nursing Students
If you are taking the time to complete an advanced study program, we know you want our faculty’s professional experience. When you’re a nursing student we offer advising via phone or email and always include contact information for instructors on a class syllabi.
Communication Resources and Academic Support
At ENMU, we want to make sure you get the help you need. We offer several tutoring services, including the Online Writing Center (OWL), which is exclusively for distance education students. The OWL is available to help you improve your writing and help you communicate clearly for written, school-related projects and assignments. We also have online databases, journal articles and eBooks accessible through the Golden Student Success Center. Since ENMU has a dedicated distance education librarian on staff, you’ll always have the help you need to take advantage of library resources.
If you have questions or concerns about your homework assignments, projects or grades, you also have the option to email or call your professor.
Affordable Master’s in Nursing
Eastern New Mexico University has the second lowest bachelor's and master's-level tuition in the state of New Mexico, and has one of the most affordable graduate tuition rates in the United States. If you are an out-of-state student enrolling in 6 or fewer hours per semester, you'll pay tuition and fees at the low in-state rate.
Master of Science in Nursing Admission Requirements
In order to be admitted to the MSN program, you must:
- Complete the online application for to the ENMU graduate school.
- Complete the online application for the MSN program.
- Have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
- Provide able to documentation of the following:
- Active RN licensure
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of why you are applying (approximately 100 words).
- Be willing to submit to a background check.
Career Opportunities with a Master of Arts in Communication
Our program offers you:
- Opportunity for advancement in your nursing career
- The ability to help care for more people by becoming a nursing instructor
- Preparation for entering a doctoral program in nursing or a related field
As a graduate of this program, you are prepared to pursue employment or advancement in careers in:
- Public Health
- Higher Education
MS in Nursing Degree Requirements
The MSN degree at Eastern New Mexico University is comprised of:
- 36 total credit hours, including 12 credits in the master core and 24 credits in the education emphasis
- The completion of two classes (six credits) each spring, summer and fall semester to facilitate degree completion within two years
The MSN program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) until Spring 2021.
MSN Course Rotation
As New Mexico's largest regional comprehensive university, ENMU offers students more than 90 undergraduate, graduate and certificate options. On our campuses you will find a diverse student body made up of individuals of all ages, backgrounds, interests and points of view. With affordable tuition and flexible course schedules we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. Apply now or contact us to learn more about our Master of Science in Nursing.