ENMU's bachelor of applied arts and sciences (BAAS) program offers a flexible online degree option if you have an Associate of Applied Arts and Sciences (AAS) degree or a significant number of hours in a career-technical related discipline from an accredited institution.
Our BAAS degree program requires you to complete a minimum of 30 hours of career-technical credit in a primary concentration and a minimum of 24 hours in a secondary concentration area.
Each BAAS degree plan is designed to allow you to earn your bachelor's degree within two years of full-time enrollment.
Do I Qualify for ENMU's BAAS Program?
You can enter our BAAS Program to earn your bachelor's degree if you have at least one of the following:
- Have an Associate of Applied Arts and Sciences (AAS) degree from an institution with accreditation recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Have earned a significant number of credit hours in a career-technical related discipline from an institution with accreditation recognized by the CHEA
Will Classes I Took Count Toward my Degree?
Your AAS degree fulfills your primary concentration requirement. If you don't have an AAS degree, but you've completed a certificate program (minimum 30 hours) or if you have a minimum of 30 hours of career-technical credit in a primary concentration, your career-technical credit will be applied to the primary concentration area requirement.
Benefits of Getting Your Bachelor's Degree with ENMU's BAAS Program
- Gain the opportunity to advance your career. Earn education and credentials to enhance and expand your technical expertise to broaden your career opportunities.
- Complete your bachelor's degree while working full-time. BAAS curriculum and delivery methods are designed with the distance learner in mind. See our 100% online BAAS concentrations >
- Get personal attention. With our low 17:1 student-to-faculty ratio, you will have professors who know you by name. Faculty members are available to help you and genuinely care about your success.
- Affordable. We currently have the fourth lowest tuition among the 80 Southwest four-year universities according to The Chronicle of Higher Education. See how we compare to other universities >
Why Pay More?
In a time where the expenses of higher education are leaving thousands with a heavy debt burden as they enter the workforce, at ENMU, you'll get a great college education without excessive debt. ENMU has the most affordable in-state tuition in New Mexico, and has the lowest tuition among the 80 Southwest four-year universities. ENMU is easily one of the most affordable colleges in the country.
If you are an out-of-state student enrolled in 6 or fewer hours per semester, you pay tuition and fees at our low in-state rate. We encourage you to compare our tuition to other universities' costs to see how much you can save!
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
In addition to our affordability, we are committed to helping you finance your education. More than 70% of our students are on some sort of financial aid.
- The Federal Pell Grant Program provides need-based grants to low-income undergraduate students to promote access to postsecondary education.
- Federal need-based loans are also available to U.S. citizens.
- There are many scholarships available through the ENMU Foundation once you are an ENMU student.
Be sure to apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible to receive any form of federal financial assistance.
The BAAS degree is a fully accredited baccalaureate degree program. ENMU is nationally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
As New Mexico's largest regional comprehensive university, ENMU offers students more than 90 undergraduate, graduate and certificate options. With affordable tuition, evening classes as well as select online courses, we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. If you are interested in a bachelor of applied science online program we encourage you to learn the benefits of Eastern New Mexico University’s Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree.