ENMU is hosting the 42nd Annual Student Research Conference on Wednesday, April 6, 2016. To be considered for a presentation you must fill out the online application form by March 11, 2016.
Presentation of Posters
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 • 9-11 a.m.
Presentation of Papers
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 • 1-3 p.m.
The following categories are suggested. Papers are not limited to these categories. All papers will be accepted.
- Communication Disorders
- Hispanic Studies
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Criminal Justice
- Social Work
- Math/Computer Science/EET
- Cash awards will be given to graduate and undergraduate student winners.
Student Research Conference Banquet
- Awards will be presented at the banquet at 6:30 p.m. in the Campus Union Building.
- All participants and faculty are invited to attend the banquet.
Rules for Eligibility
- Participants must submit abstract information using the following templates:
- The paper must be the original work of the student author(s). Completed work or work in progress is welcome. A paper which is to be or has been presented by the author at another meeting is acceptable.
- Research presentations should focus on the problem, procedures, and results of the research.
- Poster Presentation Guidelines:
- Posters must be 36 x 56 or less. Posters should be "pinnable". Presenters should bring the appropriate hardware to mount their presentation.
- No table is provided for the display of project artifacts. Posters are the sole display of the research process.
- Students presenting posters should be prepared to answer questions and discuss their posters with judges and other audience members for approximately 2 hours.
- Presentation Guidelines:
- A computer and projector will be provided for all presenters. Other AV equipment must be specifically requested.
- Presentation handouts will not be provided by the conference. Students should bring any materials they wish to share with their audience.
- Students submitting in presentation categories should come prepared to present a 10-minute summary.
- Winning papers and poster will be selected by a panel of judges in each category. Any category with fewer than six participants will be consolidated. A minimum of six participants in each category is required for cash awards.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to make changes to the above.