ENMU > Future Students > FAQs > Campus Life

Campus Life Questions

Where are ENMU students from?

About 80 percent of Eastern students are from New Mexico, but students from 45 states and 19 countries attend ENMU.

What is the ethnic makeup at Eastern?

ENMU’s Multicultural Affairs Office provides a gathering place, academic support and campus programs for Hispanic, Native American, African American and international students.

Eastern is a federally designated Hispanic-Serving Institution and member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities.

In fall 2012, undergraduate students at ENMU identified themselves as members of the following ethnic groups:

  • African American: 4.6%
  • Native American: 2.1%
  • Asian: 1%
  • Hispanic: 32.8%
  • White: 49.1%
  • Nonresident alien: 2.7%
  • Unknown ethnicity: 5.2%
  • Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 0.3%
  • Two or more ethnicities: 2.2%

What is the ratio of male and female students at ENMU?

  • Male: 40%
  • Female: 60%

Are jobs available on campus?

Yes. ENMU has both student hire and work-study positions in departments and offices across campus. Check with Counseling and Career Services for a list of available student jobs.

Is there a job placement service or career day for a job after graduation?

Yes. Contact Counseling and Career Services for more information about services we offer to support students in their college years, job searches and careers after college.

How large is the campus?

The ENMU campus covers more than 400 acres.

What campus organizations sponsor activities?

You can choose from about 100 different campus organizations at ENMU.

Does Eastern help students who need special diets, medications or psychological counseling?

Yes. If you have special needs, ENMU’s Disability Services Office can help. You can make an appointments for free help with Counseling and Career Services. Contact Sodexho, the campus food service provider, if you have questions about special dietary needs.

In what ways has the campus been adapted for people with handicaps?

The campus provides ramps, automatic doors, parking and elevators in two story buildings for handicap students. Bernalillo hall has handicapped access rooms available. For more information, contact Bernita Davis in Disability Services at 575.562.2286.

Is there an infirmary or health facility on campus?

Yes, Health Services

Can I perform in a theatre or musical group?

Eastern students can take part in theatre productions and perform in musical ensemble groups such as marching band, symphonic band, wind symphony, jazz ensemble, steel drum band, Chamber Singers, University Singers or Swanee Singers.

Is there a dress code?


Is an ROTC program available?