Note: this guideline is for undergraduate International students only, if you are pursuing a master's degree, apply for admission to ENMU's Graduate School.
1. Complete a free online application for undergraduates
2. Send ENMU the following documents:
- Official transcripts
Have a transcript evaluation/translation service submit a copy of your high school transcript directly to ENMU. The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services maintains a list of approved service providers.
- Your TOEFL or IELTS score
Send ENMU your score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). ENMU's institution code is 4299.
- 61 iBT for undergraduates (173 computer-based, 500 written).
- ENMU may waive the TOEFL requirement if your secondary or post-secondary education was primarily in English or your coursework included advanced courses in English with high marks.
- ENMU will also accept IELTS scores of at least 5.5 in lieu of TOEFL
- Financial statement
Submit an I-134 form and an official letter from the bank. The letter from the bank must be on official letterhead and show the equivalent in United States dollars. The estimated expenses are $17,760/year for undergraduate students. All documents must be original documents. Scanned email attachments, copies, and faxes of financial documents will not be accepted. For information about other methods of financial certification, contact the international student advisor.
3. Get your visa
After you are admitted to ENMU, you will receive an I-20 form for an F-1 visa, or a DS-2019 form for a J-1 visa. If you are transferring from another institution located in the United States, please fill out the International Student Transfer Form and send it to the Office of International Student Advising. The 'International Student Transfer Form' is located under 'Forms' in the left menu.
Office of International Student Advising
ENMU Station 7
1500 S. Ave K
Portales, NM 88130