ENMU > Future Students > Transfer Students

Transfer Students

ENMU is committed to making the transfer process as simple as possible. To get started, follow these steps:

  1. Apply for Admission to ENMU; there is not application fee (apply online or download an application)
  2. Send official copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended previously. Please note, if you have completed less than 30 college credits, you will also need to submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED certificate and ACT or SAT scores. (see below for information about how to send your transcripts)
  3. Declare your major using the form located at enmu.edu/declare
  4. Complete the FAFSA application and scholarship application

Note: you do not need to turn in Items 3 and 4 if you have taken more than 30 college credit hours.

Send your transcripts to:

Office of Enrollment Services
ENMU Station 7
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130

Question? Not sure where to start? Fill out our Ready to Transfer form or call 800.FOR.ENMU (800.367.3668) and a transfer counselor will help guide you through the admission process as well as evaluate your transfer courses. Whether you are a local student or a student taking your classes online, our Transfer Center can help you make your transition as easy as possible; please contact us.

Scholarships and Financial Aids

FAFSA application is required for both scholarship and financial aid consideration. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) starting Jan. 1. Our priority deadline is Feb. 14, but you can still apply any time after that. ENMU's FAFSA code is 002651.

To apply for admissions transfer scholarships, send the completed Application for Admissions Scholarships and FAFSA to Enrollment Services. View all available scholarships.



All freshmen are required to live on campus (exceptions). Complete the housing application and send to:

Office of Housing and Residence Life
ENMU Station 39
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130