An ENMU student shares how to get ready for finals week.
Written by Sophia Romero
It is that time of year again that all students dread. The month of April, also known as “National Save your GPA Month.” You may be finding yourself stressed, over-caffeinated and lacking an honorable sleep schedule. Despite these shortcomings, there is a solution to decompress with midterms.
Here are my five decompressing tips for finals week:
- Take at least 10 minutes out of your day to slow down. We tend to be overwhelmed in the hustle and bustle of life and fail to take times for ourselves. However, just taking a few minutes out of your day to recharge will help significantly in your stress levels and overall outlook for the day. Especially since mid-terms week is stressful for all ENMU students.
- Envision how well you will do on the exam. I feel like if you put a thought out into the Universe, the Universe sends you a subtle message back to you. If you say, “I am totally going to rock this midterm!” then you will most likely do well on the exam. If you are unsure of the test and your own capabilities, then the outcome will most likely be negative.
- Exercise! With everyone’s busy schedule, it can be difficult to find a way to fit in a workout. However, if you have an hour to two hours out of your day to spare, spend it doing in-home exercises, going for a jog, or hitting the school gym. By releasing all of that energy, you will feel better and ready to conquer your next task.
- Write it down. The concept of bullet journaling has been more and more prevalent. It is the idea of writing down your thoughts, tasks and schedule in a journal. This idea can help you decompress and express your creative side in a fun and unique way.
- Ask for help. If you have an upcoming exam that you are unsure about, go into your professor’s office hours and ask for ways to study their exams or ask a friend who has taken that class before. They will be eager to help and you will feel better about studying for the upcoming exam just by asking the right questions.