Nursing is a wonderfully diversified profession, offering opportunities for service, altruism, personal and professional fulfillment, advancement and success. Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) completion program, offered exclusively online, uses theoretical principles of nursing to enhance your critical thinking, natural curiosity, experiential awareness and enhanced clinical judgment.
In order to enter the BSN program, you need to apply for ENMU admission and also apply to the nursing program. The RN to BSN completion program does not give you a RN license. A RN license is required for entry into this program.
Special Services and Opportunities
We know that purchasing a laptop and software for college can be expensive, so in our department, we have Surface tablet loan program. You, as an eligible student, have the opportunity to use a tablet, loaded with all needed software, for the duration of your time in our program.
Service and Mutual Interest Organizations
At graduation, you can become a member of Sigma Theta Tau, the honor society of nursing. You can also become members of the American Nurses Association, a national organization devoted to increasing nursing knowledge and nursing concerns in the field of health care.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
We are committed to helping you finance your education. In addition to grants, loans, and work-study offered University-wide, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offers scholarships for current students. Additionally, many ENMU students work part-time jobs on campus to help finance their education.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Accept personal accountability for ethical and competent nursing practice, as well as for continuing professional and personal development.
- Base clinical judgment on methods of scientific inquiry and evidenced based practice, including the nursing process, to meet clients' needs for increasingly complex health care in various settings.
- Apply concepts from nursing theories and research, cultural competencies, the science and humanities, to assess individual clients, families, and communities for nursing intervention.
- Collaborate with clients and other health care professionals to plan and deliver care.
- Communicate effectively using 21st century technology including the oral and written word to critically think about major concepts and processes central to nursing: e.g. ethical and effective leadership, and clinical excellence.
Career Opportunities with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
When you major in nursing, you can look forward to more career opportunities with a professional degree in nursing. This degree may open the door to managerial positions and higher earnings, or increase your chance for advancement.
Our program is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) through fall of 2017, at which time the program will submit a follow-up report to ACEN and welcome an ACEN site visitor for a follow-up site visit.
Courses You'll Take
You can find additional information about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, including the courses you will take when you're a nursing major at Eastern.
BSN Course Rotation
|NURS 315||NURS 315||NURS 319|
|NURS 316||NURS 316||NURS 320|
|NURS 317||NURS 317||NURS 417|
|NURS 318||NURS 318||NURS 416|
|NURS 320||NURS 360|
|NURS 360||NURS 413|
|NURS 413||NURS 416||Gen Eds|
|NURS 415||NURS 417|
|NURS 415L||NURS 425|
|NURS 425||NURS 425L|
Nursing Social Media Pages:
For More Information
Assistant Professor of Nursing, Nursing Program Director, Nursing Graduate Coordinator
Lea Hall (LH), Room 112
At ENMU, our mission is to combine a traditional learning environment with 21st century technology to provide a rich educational experience with excellent teaching and active learning. ENMU emphasizes liberal learning, freedom of inquiry, cultural diversity and whole student life. With affordable tuition, evening classes as well as select online courses, we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. Apply now or contact us for further information on how to advance your career by earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.