The physical education teaching K-12 program is designed primarily to prepare you for a career as a physical educator in the public schools in New Mexico and the private sector.
- Field experience both through the education and physical education departments
- Choice of elective activity courses through the teaching movement classes
- Lab experiences and programs working directly with children on campus
- Complete certification tests completed prior to Student Teaching resulting in availability of employment directly following graduation
- Physical education teacher at all K- 12 schools
- Health endorsement for K-12 schools
- Athletic director
- Head/Assistant coach at all K-12 schools
Organizations and Opportunities
You'll have the opportunity to participate in various campus and discipline-related organizations. You may assist faculty on research projects, work in labs and participate in other related activities.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
Eastern New Mexico University is committed to helping students finance their education. You can find more information about admissions scholarships and find out why more than $22 million in financial assistance was awarded to students last year. Additionally, qualified students are eligible to apply for funding assistance through programs designed to encourage underrepresented groups to pursue careers in science, and faculty-mentored research projects.
High School Courses Suggestions
If you’re interested in majoring in early childhood education at ENMU, try to take courses in the areas of:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Human biology
- Exercise science
- English composition
Additional Degree Info
You can find additional information about the Bachelor of Science in Physical Education with Emphasis in Teaching Physical Education degree, including the courses you will take when you're a teaching physical education major at Eastern.
For More Information Contact
Greyhound Arena (GA), Room 44