Eastern New Mexico University has international students from 26 different countries including Canada, China, Germany, Ghana, India, Kenya, Mexico, Nepal and more. The international program through Eastern offers engaging classes and events that encourage students to learn and network with people with different cultural backgrounds. The faculty and staff are supportive in and out of the classroom, promoting educational success and cultural diversity.
If you are looking at our graduate programs, you'll find the information you need in the Graduate School section of our site.
Coming to Eastern is easy! Best of all, applying to ENMU is free! Our admission process requires submitting the following documents:
- Complete a free online application for undergraduate international students.
- Send ENMU the following documents:
- Official transcripts
Have a transcript evaluation/translation service submit a copy of your high school transcript directly to ENMU. The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services maintains a list of approved service providers.
- Your TOEFL or IELTS score
Send ENMU your score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). ENMU's institution code is 4299.
- 61 iBT for undergraduates (173 computer-based, 500 written).
- ENMU may waive the TOEFL requirement if your secondary or post-secondary education was primarily in English or your coursework included advanced courses in English with high marks.
- ENMU will also accept IELTS scores of at least 6.0 n lieu of TOEFL.
- Financial statement
- Official transcripts
- Get your visa
After you are admitted to ENMU, you will receive an I-20 form for an F-1 visa, or a DS-2019 form for a J-1 visa. If you are transferring from another institution located in the United States, please fill out the International Student Transfer Form and send it to the Office of International Student Advising.
Learn more about visas >
Send your materials to:
Office of International Advising
ENMU Station 2
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
- Come Visit
- CPT Checklist
- OPT Checklist
- Graduation Checklist
- Student Activities
- Multicultural Affairs
- Scholarships Available for International Students
- Academic Degree Programs
- Request Information