Online Library Resources
To search for journal articles, go to the library home page, click the Databases box, and select one of the databases listed below at the Databases by Name alphabetical list in the upper right. Click the letter that begins the database name and then the database name link; from off campus enter your ENMU student ID# at the remote authentication screen.
In cases where a desired article is not available full-text online, you may request it via Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and we will send it to you (see Requesting Material, below).
Databases for Aviation Science Research
- Academic Search Complete--scholarly, full text, good for many topics
- Search example: [aviation safety] --enter in the first search box, scroll down and check the Scholarly Peer-reviewed Journals box, on the left, and limit by date, e.g., 2008 to 2015 at the Published Date boxes on the right
- You can also type a journal title in the second box if you want to limit your search to articles from a specific journal; change the Select A Field box to SO Journal Name when you enter a journal title
- Click PDF or HTML links for full-text articles; LinkSource links provide full text only about 50% of the time (there is no login)
- Print, email or download the articles
- Request any non-full-text articles via ILL
- Science Direct--scholarly, scientific, significant full text
- Search example: [aviation and alternative fuels] --enter in the first search box and press Enter key
- Scroll down on the left and click as many year boxes as desired; select the Journals box (all are peer-reviewed); when done, click the Apply Filters button
- Full text is indicated by green or orange squares to the right of the citation lines--click the PDF links; if the box is grey, you will need to request the article via ILL
- Business Source Complete--scholarly, significant full text, business and marketing
- Search example: [aviation risk management] --enter in the first box and proceed the same as with the Academic Search Premier database discussed above (they are both by the same vendor and are used exactly the same way)
- Westlaw Next--full text, legal
- To search for a particular court case, click the Cases link and enter the party names in the search box, or go to federal, state or cases by topic and then enter info [search example: airport security] in the search box
- Click the highlighted links for full text. Scroll down for entire case contents
- Return to main database screen if you want to search by Statutes, Regulations, etc.
- Google Scholar
Requesting Material Not Available Full-text Online
Register with the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan (ILL) system and create your personal ILLiad account. Go to the Interlibrary Loan link on the library home page and click the ILLiad Log In/Register link. Click the "First Time Users" button and register with the system. Make sure you enter your ENMU email address and tell us you are a "Distance Ed Undergraduate" at the Status box. Create an ILLiad username of your own choosing and enter your ENMU ID number as your ILLiad password. Return to the same ILLiad Log In/Register link and logon to your ILLiad account whenever you need to use the system.
Items requested from distance education students will be sent directly to them. Articles will be available electronically via your ENMU email account. Most articles will arrive in 2-3 days.