Status: Full-time position
Job Summary: Invest in your nation's future, make a difference in your community...gain from the experience. At the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) you're not just a number, working to make quotas or improve the bottom line, you have the opportunity to make a difference. NCUA is the federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions and insures savings in federal and most state-chartered credit unions across the country through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a federal fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
This position is located in the National Credit Union Administration, Office of Examination and Insurance, Division of Capital and Credit Markets (DCCM). As the CLF Senior Loan Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for supervising CLF staff and for overseeing the daily operations of the CLF.
Qualifications: You must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
To qualify at the CU-15 level, you must have a least one full year of specialized experience equivalent at the CU/GS-14 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is defined as experience serving as a Senior Financial Analyst (or equivalent) providing expert advice to senior staff/management on liquidity risk management, or on secured lending transactions, or on valuation of collateral assets including such instruments as mortgage loan/investments, automobile loans, credit card loans, other consumer loans, and other fixed-income investments. Specialized experience also includes experience as a senior analyst or manager responsible for conducting/evaluating credit risk or asset/liability management (ALM) analysis and related accounting principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas
1. Knowledge of investment credit risk and secured borrowing transactions.
2. Knowledge of liquidity risk management and current liquidity risk guidance issued by financial institution regulators.
3. Knowledge of financial markets, financial institutions, financial instruments including mortgage assets, economic research, accounting principles, and financial theory.
4. Ability to communicate other than in writing in order to respond to telephone inquiries, meet in person with constituents, make formal presentations to both internal and external groups,and provide training to internal staff and/or other groups.
5. Ability to communicate in writing to prepare correspondence to internal and external stakeholders, respond to e-mail inquiries, and prepare memoranda or reports to formal requests for information.
6. Ability to supervise a subordinate staff.
Duties: Supervise the activities of Central Liquidity Facility (CLF) staff.
Function as the CLF primary loan officer.
Conduct complex basic and applied research, analyzes data, and prepares special reports focusing on CLF including liquidity management, mortgage assets, other investments and ALM for senior management and the NCUA Board.
Provide statistical information and analysis of trends and of projections related to CLF, investment, and ALM activities including routine use of Bloomberg.
Provide expert advice for development or revision of rules and regulations in the areas of CLF including liquidity management, mortgage assets, other investments, and ALM.
Advise the NCUA regional capital markets specialists (RCMS) and regional lending specialists providing expert guidance .
Prepare written and oral responses to correspondence and to telephone inquiries.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes
Complete Occupational Questionnaire.
All required documents
For more information or to apply online, visit