Status: Full-time position
Location: Denver, CO
Job Summary: Provide front desk, administrative and medical record support to teams at a site. Assist Front Office Managers, Program Managers, and Central Office benchmarks in all aspects of job as needed.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.Minimum of two years Administrative Assistant experience. Health clinic and human services background preferred
Duties: 1. Create a positive experience for consumers and guests through professional conduct and customer service at the front desk. Ensure front desk and lobby are aesthetically pleasing, safe, and friendly for all guests.
2. Receive and screen clinic telephone communications ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate destination in a timey fashion.
3. Maintain Outlook calendar, tasks, and meetings and fulfill email requests as appropriate.
4. Accurately schedule consumer appointments with psychiatrists, nurses and other clinical staff. Input and extract data from the appointment scheduling system.
5. Check-in consumers at each visit. Verify demographic and insurance information and collect co-pays. Understand insurance and accounts receivable’s to maintain minimal consumer balances.
6. Maintain each consumer’s right of confidentiality and privacy.
7. Read, understand, and excel in procedures for maintaining consistent standards of the paper and electronic medical record (EMR), which is outlined in the HISM manual and in the monthly eCET updates.
8. Ensure prompt handling of documents for filing and scanning: 100% of documents are to be collected, alphabetized; each document requires a consumer identification, medical record number, team number, and consumer last name. Make sure consumer information is in the correct record.
9. Complete requests for information. Log all record requests into the eCET External Requests for Information format; follow flow-chart “Eternal Requests for Information Procedure”. Respond to requests within 14 working days. Enter information into log to create paper trail.
10. Follow guidelines and instructions of the Manager of Medical Records and Central Office Administrator.
11. Attend monthly support staff meetings for training and team-building purposes.
12. Organize, compose, and produce letters, memoranda, reports, and other documents, through the use of computer programs, ensuring grammar, spelling, and punctuation are correct. Compose some routine correspondence. Generate and submit necessary reports.
13. Arrange transportation authorizations and the transportation for dependent clients.
14. Sort and distribute incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail.
15. Copy and fax information as required.
16. Complete requisitions for needed goods and/or services, order and maintain office supplies and equipment. Coordinate maintenance and janitorial needs.
17. In Front Office Managers absence, provide for coordination of clinic needs and program. Perform a variety of administrative duties in order to ensure smooth running of the clinic.
18. Perform other duties as assigned, based on individual site needs.
For more information please visit http://mhcd.org/jobs/administrative-assistant-clinical-1705