Status: Full-time position
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Job Summary: Responsible for the success of all chapter fund raising events. Responsible for working with staff and volunteer leadership to plan, coordinate and implement events designed to raise funds for and promote community awareness of Red Cross services. Key elements of the job include identification, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition of event underwriters/sponsors and other event participants and provision of staff support for relevant committees.
Bachelor's degree or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Minimum 3 to 5 years of proven experience and documented success in events planning and/or management.
Preffered 6 months - 1 year supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities
Leadership ability with exemplary interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills. Partners internally and externally with others to develop the organization; open, friendly and comfortable with diverse groups; networks effectively and establishes long-term relationships with the community. Works successfully on teams and strives for optimum results; resolves conflict; promotes cooperation, commitment, momentum and pride; puts success of team above own interests. Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving. Capable of directing and working effectively with donors, volunteers, staff and committees in a wide range of activities while under pressure and/or deadlines.
Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
May involve travel.
Duties: 1. Researches, identifies, cultivates and solicits new and existing donors for monetary and/or in-kind gifts to support all chapter special events. Recognizes potential for increased donor involvement and capitalizes on opportunities to grow existing relationships. Identifies event sponsors for potential enhanced or increased partnership opportunities with the chapter. Responsible for meeting Special Events revenue goals.
2. Creates a seamless, balanced and enjoyable experience for potential donors through effective leadership and recognition techniques. Represents the American Red Cross in a positive manner at all times, including working with, staff, volunteers, and vendors
3. Directs the activities of and serves as the primary staff liaison to the volunteer committees for assigned chapter special events. Provides staff support and leadership to event chairs and related committees formed to help secure sponsors and participants. Support may include keeping records, preparing meeting notices and minutes, handling correspondence and meeting with sponsors.
4. Coordinates with development staff to develop and enhance the strategic direction of special events.
5. Manages planning, implementation, and production of all fundraising events including vendor relationships, budgets, and event logistics. Coordinates activities and formulates strategies related to event program.
6. Works with staff and volunteer leadership to develop event budgets and to monitor revenue and expenses.
7. May be responsible for directly supervising other full time and part time employees. May hire, train, coach, counsel and evaluate performance of direct reports and volunteers or give significant recommendations as to those supervisory actions.
8. Works with Communications and Marketing to develop materials related to events including media releases and photo sessions. Also handles interviews.
9. Assesses outcome of each event and makes recommendations for improvements.
10. May perform donor-related duties in a timely and efficient manner, including but not limited to, recording and tracking donor contracts and payments, reviewing and submitting event related invoices for payment, writing acknowledgement and thank you letters, assembling donor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related forms, researching both monetary and in-kind funding sources, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings.
11. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
12. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
To apply online, visit