ENMU understands that being a freshman may seem overwhelming and somewhat scary, especially where financing is concerned. We are committed to assisting our freshmen and their parents gain an understanding of grants, scholarships, loans, work-study employment, and to address any other questions you may have about financial aid. The following may be available to help make an education from ENMU affordable for each and every freshman student:
- Competitive out of state tuition waivers
- Academic scholarships
- ENMU Foundation Starter Scholarship for New Mexico residents
- New Mexico Lottery Scholarship for New Mexico Residents
- State and Federal student aid
Each resource has qualification criteria and application requirements so plan early to meet any deadlines.
The first step to receive Federal Student Aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which you will find along with more financial aid information on the FAFSA website. The FAFSA should be completed as soon as new tax returns are completed each year. Award offers will be made as soon as admission requirements are completed. Students must be in good academic standing and enrolled for at least six hours.
Below you will find information and deadlines that are important for helping you to obtain the highest possible financial aid award.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) starting January 1. Our priority deadline is February 14, but you can still apply any time after that.
- Obtain a FAFSA worksheet from your counselor’s office, or apply for the FAFSA online. ENMU’s FAFSA code is 002651.
- To apply for admissions scholarships, send the completed Application for Admissions Scholarships to the Admissions office by the March 1 priority deadline.
- Apply for scholarships from the ENMU Foundation and the college from which you are seeking your degree.
Have a Question? Contact Us!
Office of Financial Aid
ENMU Station 20
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
Local phone: 575.562.2194