- Where do I find help for the student E-Mail?
- How do I access my Microsoft Live account, services, and email?
- When I am redirected from http://studentemail.enmu.edu/ to the Live login page, the page is blank. What do I do?
- How can I get help with my email?
- Will official university email communications to students be sent to my Outlook Live mailbox?
- How much mailbox space will I have?
- Will Portales, Roswell, and Ruidoso students all have the same address?
- What Web browsers are supported by the web email system?
- What happens to my Outlook Live mailbox after I graduate or discontinue attending ENMU?
- If I am an ENMU employee and also a student, do I get two mailboxes?
- Will my email content be treated as private by the University and Microsoft?
- I forward my email to another email system. How can I continue to do this with the email system?
- I already have another email account (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, Outlook 2007/2010 etc.), can I access all of my mail from one place?
- What is a Sky Drive?
- How do I access my Sky Drive using the "low vision" option in my live.enmu.edu account?
How do I access my Microsoft Live account, services, and email?
You can access your account by going to studentemail.enmu.edu. You will use your First.LastName@enmu.edu or ENMU issued email address as the userid, the password is initially set to your ENMU ID card number. You will be required to change your password when you first log on.
When I am redirected from http://studentemail.enmu.edu/ to the Live login page, the page is blank. What do I do?
This is an issue with either conflicting cached cookies or temporary Internet files. The solution is to delete them. If you are using IE this should resolve the issue:
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Click "Delete".
- Make sure "Cookies", and "Temporary Internet files" are checked.
- Click "Delete".
- Close and reopen the browser.
What happens to my Outlook Live mailbox after I graduate or discontinue attending ENMU?
After you graduate and as an alumnus, you will retain your email address but however, you will be removed from Eastern New Mexico University global address list. Under the terms of agreement entered into by Eastern New Mexico University and Microsoft your email address will not be shared, marketed or sold and your emails will not be mined, however, you will see some advertisements, as you do on other mail services.
Will my email content be treated as private by the University and Microsoft?
Your email contents will be treated as private under the terms of agreement entered into by Microsoft and Eastern New Mexico University.
- Login to your email system through http://studentemail.enmu.edu/.
- Create a contact pointing to the email account you want your messages forwarded to.
- While still in your email click the options button on the upper right corner, this will open the option screen.
- On the left side click "Organize E-Mail", this is where you can create rules.
- To create a new rule click "New" and set the "When message arrives" option to "Apply to all messages".
- Under "Do the following" select either "Forward" or "Redirect", then select the contact you created
I already have another email account (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, Outlook 2007/2010 etc.), can I access all of my mail from one place?
While we cannot test and verify every email provider out there, most email systems allow pop3 connections for inbox content download. Outlook 2007/2010 with Outlook Live connector allows Outlook 2007/2010 client to connect to your mailbox. Also Outlook can natively connect through pop3 and imap4 to other mail systems that support these protocols. As a reminder, ITS can only support email distribution to your live.enmu.edu account. We cannot support mail delivery if email is forwarded, or "popped" to another account. For information on how to connect your account to various email software, please visit outlook.com's e-mail setup page.
ENMU Station 15
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130