At its heart, the College Success Program helps students identify educational and career goals, and persist and succeed in college. In its 30 years at Eastern, the College Success Program has taken various forms. However, it originated as and remains a part of TRiO Student Support Services, a federal outreach program to ensure equal education opportunity for all students. In fact Eastern's CSP program is one of the oldest continuously funded TRiO programs in the United States.
For participating students, CSP provides a range of opportunities including:
- Extended tutoring hours
- Online career discovery program
- Free cultural events and trips
- Personal success coaching
- Financial aid counseling
- Challenge Grant Scholarship for active participants
- Laptop computer loan program
Students qualify for inclusion in Eastern’s College Success Program based on criteria set by the federal government. All students attending Eastern are encouraged to fill out an application and turn it in to the CSP office upon entering the University.
The College Success Program is located in the Student Success Center, known to students as "The Alley;" the bottom floor of the Campus Union Building, along with Tutoring Services and Multicultural Affairs.
Ms. Reta Neal
ENMU Station 38
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.—Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.—Tuesday and Thursday
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.—Monday through Friday