Please email questions or concerns to educational.talent.search@enmu.edu.

What is Talent Search?

The Talent Search (TS) Program, located on the campus of Eastern New Mexico University, identifies and assists 6th-12th grade students and adults who have the potential to succeed in college. The program provides academic, career, and financial aid application assistance to its participants. The goal of Talent Search is to increase the number of youth who complete high school and enroll in a college of their choice.

Can anyone join Talent Search?

Student Eligibility:

  • Must be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident of the United States. If a permanent resident, a copy of the permanent resident card (front and back) must be provided.
  • Must have completed five years of elementary education or is at least 11 years of age but not more than 27 years of age.
  • Is enrolled in or has dropped out of any grade from 6 through 12.
  • Low-income and a first-generation potential college student.
    • Low-income - the family income is within the income level defined by the US Department of Education
    • First-generation - neither parent/guardian has a four-year college degree.
  • Need for one or more of the services provided in the promotion of postsecondary education.

How do I join Talent Search?

In order to participate, a student application must be completed and signed by Parents or Guardians (if under 18 years of age) and returned to the Talent Search Office. The information requested on the student application is required by the Department of Education and will remain confidential. Please contact the Talent Search Office to make arrangements to receive a student application.

For more information, please call us at 575.562.2447 or 800.301.2321.

Can anyone register online for the ACT?

There are circumstances in which registration must be done other than online. A paper registration packet must be used in the following situations:

  • Student is younger than 13 years of age
  • Student needs to request special accommodations for the first time testing
  • Student wants to pay by check or money order
  • See the Act website for more information, http://www.actstudent.org.

Do I need to fill out the FAFSA if we know our student will not qualify for federal aid?

Yes, all students should complete and submit the FAFSA to all the schools in which the student has applied. Some financial aid offices will require a FAFSA to be on file in order to receive scholarships and other types of aid that may not be federal.