International Affairs was created to meet the needs of international students and to share the diverse backgrounds of our campus community.
- Provide assistance and support for international students and incoming students
- Help international students adapt and adjust to the ENMU environment
- Plan activities to make ENMU a home away from home
- Provide scholarship opportunities for outstanding international students
- Offer a resource center
- Assist the International Students' Club
Dealing with Culture Shock
- Remind yourself that what you are experiencing is normal.
- Stay in touch with home by email, text, telephone or Skype.
- Surround yourself with objects that have personal meaning, such as photos or ornaments.
- Try to find familiar foods. Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Include a regular form of physical activity in your routine.
- Maintaining links with a faith community is helpful to some students. Many faith communities welcome students of all faiths.
- Maintain contact with your ethnic group and with local students.
- Be prepared to take the first step and find activities to create common ground with other students.
- Check out what is going on at the Campus Union and other student groups.
- Maintain confidence in yourself. Follow your ambitions and continue your plans for the future.
- If you feel stressed, look for help. There is always a person or service available to help you.
- Maintain a sense of humor. Be able to laugh at yourself and at the predicaments you get into.
- Resist the temptation to constantly disparage your host country. Begin to consciously look for logical reasons to explain why cultural practices in the United States that seems strange, confusing, or threatening. There are usually reasons why distinct countries or cultures do things differently.
Mr and Ms. International ENMU
Name: Yingxuan Wang
Parents: Xiucun Wang and Junhua Wang
Major/Minor: Business Administration
Name: Mumba M'zondwase
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Mumba
Major/Minor: Aviation Science
ENMU Station 38
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130