We maintain several smart classrooms and media-enhanced classrooms to provide instructors and students with technology tools for teaching and presenting. These rooms are maintained with up-to-date hardware and software best representing classroom needs. Additionally, Computer on Wheels (COWs) are stationed strategically in each building, providing mobile audio/visual support for the standard classroom. Continual evaluation and upgrade of classrooms is a high-priority, ongoing process.
Smart Classroom Locations
- Campus Union Building (CUB), Sandia Room
- Jack Williamson Liberal Arts Building (JWLA), Rooms 112, 203 and 214
- Education Building (ED), Rooms 120 and 130
- College of Business (COB), Rooms 103, 109 and 130
- Communication Building (COM), Room 111
- Greyhound Arena (GA), Room 7
- Lea Hall (LH), Room 111
- Technology (T), Room 119A
- Science Building (S), Rooms 108, 210 and 214
Smart classrooms contain a computer, interactive Starboard monitor, projector, document camera, DVD/VCR, audio amplifier and speakers in a lockable podium. Depending on room size, there may, or may not, be a wireless microphone in the classroom.
Media-Enhanced Classroom Locations
- College of Business rooms 117, 120, and 123
Media-enhanced classrooms contain some but not all of the equipment in smart classrooms. They are typically equipped with a computer, interactive Starboard monitor, projector and document camera.
Computers on Wheels
Computers on Wheels (COWs) include a computer, monitor and computer speakers on a portable cart that is dispatched to where classrooms without enhanced equipment. Each building has one or two COWs.
Faculty and staff can reserve a COW, request training on the equipment or to report problems with any smart classroom, enhanced-classroom or COW by contacting Information Technology Services.
Information Technology Services
ENMU Station 15
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130