- The student and parent must meet the following qualification to be awarded financial aid each year:
- Be a US Citizen or eligible non citizen
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis in a program leading to a certificate or degree at an eligible post-secondary institution
- Demonstrate financial need for need-based aid
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Not be in default or owe a refund on any federal aid program
How do I apply for financial aid?
- Students apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Students received a Student Aid Report (SAR) in the mail or an e-mail confirmation. Financial Aid at ENMU receives the same information within one to two weeks and sends a request to the student if any additional documents are needed.
Once the file is complete, the student’s financial aid is awarded based on the following:
- Cost of Attendance
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Other Financial Assistance
- Financial Need (unmet need)
- Availability of Funds
What is “Other Financial Assistance?"
Other financial assistance refers to any outside scholarships, participation awards, grants or assistance received by the student other than federal financial aid.