Guidance to Supervisors of Student Employees
Portal, March 16, 2020
- Student employees who are not coming back to campus for the rest of the spring semester will be paid their average weekly hours as a form of administrative leave if they are currently employed (as of March 16) on Workstudy or student hire funding through May 8.
- Student payments are the average of hours regularly worked each payroll this spring (PR #3, 4, 5). HR will provide further instructions for entering time before the next timesheet deadline.
- Graduate Assistants and Student employees on special stipends will continue to be paid according to their agreements. Supervisors will determine work assignments for students to complete from home or on campus.
- Any student employees who are able to work on campus can continue to do so only if permitted by their supervisor. Student employees must ensure that the travel form has been submitted if they have traveled out of state. Supervisors will determine if student employees are necessary at this time and will attempt to limit their presence on campus.
- VP approval will still be required if students are working more than 20 hours.