- How much will this program cost me? *
- In-State Tuition and fees: $297.75 per credit hour or $2,675.25 per semester (at 9 credit hours) plus $17 per credit hour for online classes
- Out-of-State Tuition and fees: $297.75 per credit hour or $3,555.00 per semester (at 9 credit hours) plus $17 per credit hour for online classes
- Books and supplies: $1,000 (estimated yearly cost)
- Praxis tests: $442 - $562 (not counting retakes)
*The amounts shown above are estimated costs assuming expected time of completion.
- What financing options are available to help me pay for this program? *
- Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, and loans (federal and private).
- Of those that completed any of the three alternative licensure programs (elementary, secondary, or special education) in 2020-21, 37% completed with loan debt. The median amount of debt for these completers is shown below:
Federal loans: $10,142
- How long will it take me to complete this program?
- The program is designed to be completed within the 2-year alternative license timeframe granted by the NMPED. The NMPED grants a 1-year extension to students in good standing on a case-by-case basis. Of those that completed the program in 2020-21, 83% finished in 1-3 years.
- What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate? *
- The job placement rate for students who completed this program is 100%.
*More information on jobs related to this program
Special Education, Preschool Teachers
Special Education, Kindergarten Teachers
Special Education, Elementary School Teachers
Special Education, Middle School Teachers
Special Education, Secondary School Teachers