Who takes it?
Faculty and administration
When is it administered?
First given in 2004
How long does it take for the faculty to complete the instrument?
30 minutes on the web
What type of information is sought?
- Demographic information
- Highest degree earned
- Tenure information
- Primary interest (teaching, research)
- Time spent on teaching, research, advising, service, consulting and scholarly activity
- Goals for undergraduate education
- Evaluation and teaching methods in class
- Community service required for campus
- General opinions on curriculum, college environment, priorities at the institution, satisfactory aspects of job, personal goals, desire to continue teaching and the amount and source of stress
- Local questions can be added.
Which office administers it?
Assessment Resource Office
Who originates the survey?
Higher Education Research Institute
UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information
3005 Moore Hall, Box 95121
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1521
When are results typically available?
Summer following the survey administration
From whom are the results available?
Office of Planning and Analysis and Assessment Resource Office
Are the results available by division or discipline?
Are the results comparable to data of other universities?