At the Advising Center, we help you:
- Clarify your educational goals
- Learn more about educational options available at ENMU
Academic advising is an important part of your success at ENMU. We
- Typically assist if you have less than three college semesters completed and you register for classes each semester
- Help you to decide and declare your major
- Help you with your initial registration if you are a new incoming freshman or a readmitted student
Career planning assistance is available at Counseling and Career Services.
Steps to Register if You Not Yet Declared Your Major
- Check your student records for any holds.
- Review your CAPP degree evaluation for unmet general education requirements.
- Review one of the General Education Checklist.
- Make a list of classes you want to take this semester. Check the course schedule.
- Make an appointment with the Advising Center. We are located in Student Academic Services (SAS), Room 214. Call 575.562.2338 to make and advising and registration appointment.
Steps to Register if You Have Already Declared Your Major
- Access and review your CAPP degree evaluation from the myENMU Portal. See your advisor or department secretary.
- Use your degree evaluation to review all the classes you have completed or are taking.
- Make a list of classes you want to take for the semester.
- Check the course schedule to see if those classes are available. Write down the CRN numbers for your chosen classes.
- Check your student records for any holds. Some holds must be cleared before you can register for classes. These include: Admissions Hold, Student Accounts Hold or ENMU Police Department hold.
- Make an appointment with your advisor. Your advisor is listed on your myENMU Portal home page. If you still don't know, ask your department chair or department secretary.
- Meet with your advisor regarding your CAPP degree evaluation and list of classes you want to take.
- Register online after your advisor removes your advising hold.