To Report

Deciding Whether to File a Formal Report

The decision to file a formal report or complaint about sexual violence and sexual assault is a personal choice. We're here to help you understand your options and the resources available, whether you decide to report or not.

  • For students, your confidential advocate can explain your option in detail and answer questions, so you can make the decision that's right for you. Talking to the advocate doesn't constitute filing an official report about sexual violence. The details of your experience won't be shared with anyone without your permission.
  • For faculty members, other academic appointees and staff employees, contact the experienced staff on your campus for confidential counseling and help, and information about where to go to file a report. Faculty members may also contact their Office of Human Resources regarding their academic rights.

Complaint Procedures  FAQ

Title IX Anonymous Report Form

Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. Under Title IX, discrimination on the basis of sex can include sexual harassment or sexual violence, such as rape, sexual assault, sexual battery and sexual coercion. Title IX protects all people regardless of their gender or gender identity from sexual harassment and violence.

You are encouraged to formally report any incidences to the ENMU Department of Public Safety (575.562.2392) if you wish to do so. If this is an emergency, please contact 911 immediately.

Note: Information included in this form goes privately to the Title IX coordinator ([email protected]), coordinator of the sexual misconduct investigations and Prevention Program at Eastern New Mexico University.

Title IX Anonymous Report Form

U.S. Dept. of Education – Office Civil Rights

For assistance related to civil rights, you may contact the OCR headquarters office in Washington D.C. or the OCR enforcement office serving your state or territory.

400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington D.C., 20202-1100
Phone: 800.421.3481