ENMU Programs Leading to Licensure

Eastern New Mexico University, Portales offers several programs that, upon successful completion, prepare graduates to meet requirements for professional licensure in the state of New Mexico. These programs and their corresponding New Mexico licenses are listed below.

In compliance with Federal Regulations for licensure disclosure, please see the requirements for licensure in other states.

Undergraduate ProgramCorresponding New Mexico License

BS in Agricultural Education, Endorsement with Secondary Education Licensure

Secondary Education: Agriculture Endorsement

BS in Early Childhood Education (Birth - Pre K)

Early Childhood (Birth - Pre K)

BS in Early Childhood Education (Pre K - Grade 3)

Early Childhood (Pre K - Grade 3)

BA or BS in Education with Elementary (K-8) and Special Education (PreK-12) Licensure

Elementary (K-8)

Special Education (Pre K - 12)

Bachelor of Social Work

Licensed Bachelor's Social Worker (LBSW)

BS in Physical Education

Pre K - 12 Specialty


Graduate ProgramCorresponding New Mexico License

Alternative Licensure in Elementary Education

Elementary (K-8)

Alternative Licensure in Secondary Education

Secondary Education (9-12)

Alternative Licensure in Special Education

Special Education (Pre K -12)

Master of Science in Communicative Disorders

Speech-Language Pathologist

Master of Arts in Counseling

Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)

Master of Education Administration

Education Administration

Master of Education with Emphasis in School Counseling

School Counselor (Pre K -12)

The State of New Mexico may change requirements for licensure at any time, and in order to gain licensure, candidates must adhere to and complete all requirements as identified by the state. For questions about ENMU degree programs leading to licensure in New Mexico, members of the public may contact the program advisor listed on the program pages above.

Questions about requirements for New Mexico licensure may be directed as follows:

Education and School Counseling
New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED)
[email protected]

Mental Health Counseling
New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
[email protected]

Speech-Language Pathology
New Mexico Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensing Board
[email protected]

Social Work
New Mexico Board of Social Work Examiners
[email protected]