Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is temporary employment directly related to an F-1 student's academic program. CPT gives you the opportunity to gain practical experience through an internship or off-campus training.
- Part-Time Training – Employment for 20 hours or less per week
- Full-Time Training – Employment for more than 20 hours per week
CPT Application Requirements
To apply for CPT, you must provide the following:
- An employment letter from your employer
- The Advisor's Curricular Practical Training Recommendation Form signed and completed
- The CPT Authorization Request Form signed and completed
- Updated degree plan signed by your advisor that indicates the course for which you will obtain CPT credit
- A copy of your most recent I-20, I-94 (front and back), visa and information page of your passport. Please include a copy of the renewal page if appropriate.
If you believe you are eligible for CPT, you can request the above forms from International Programs.
For More Information Contact
ENMU Station 2
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130