Written and spoken language provides the foundation for meaningful communication. The words we use when we write and speak impact every facet of our lives, including: job opportunities, friendships, relationships and political interactions. Our programs provide you with the opportunity to master the written and spoken communication in English or Spanish. Beyond communication skills, our focus on literature opens the door to new ideas and places.
If you plan to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, you are required to study a modern language, other than English, to enhance your understanding and appreciation for linguistic and cultural differences.
We offer the following programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Secondary licensure in English (for teaching high school English)
- Graduate program in English with focuses in inclusion and resistance or creative writing
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
- Secondary licensure in Spanish (for teaching high school Spanish)
Languages and Literature Social Media Pages:
Languages and Literature
ENMU Station 19
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130