Registration and Declaring a Major at ENMU

I'm a new freshman student, and I'm cleared for admission but have not registered. What do I do now?

  1. Call the Advising Center at 575.562.2338 to schedule an advising appointment.
    During your advising appointment, you and an advisor will:
    • Discuss any college class work that you have completed.
    • Register for your classes and discuss your academic future at ENMU.
    • Learn how to use the resources that the university has at your disposal.
    • Compile your "degree plan checklist" or use CAPP, that you and an advisor will use to plan your classes each semester until you declare your major.
  2. After your advising appointment, you will visit other offices on campus to learn about financial aid and scholarship opportunities, housing options, student accounts and how to get your student ID.

You are required to have all transcripts on file prior to advising. The Advising Center recommends that you bring an extra copy of your final official high school transcript and information about Advanced Placement (AP) or other pre-college credit to your appointment. Ask what materials we might need when you make your appointment.

I am a new Transfer student, and I am cleared for admission but have not registered. What do I do now?

  1. Call the Transfer Center at 575.562.2856 to schedule an advising appointment.
  2. Transfer students who are interested in Aviation Science and Emergency Management are recommended to declare their major immediately at for special academic advising.
  3. Transfer students who are interested in Nursing must contact the Nursing Department at 575.562.2403 to apply to the Nursing Program. Students must have a Registered Nursing license to major in Nursing at ENMU.

I am a current undergraduate student but have not declared my major. What do I do?

I am a current student, and I am ready to declare my major. What do I do?

If you are ready to declare your major, please complete the undergraduate major declaration form. You will receive instructions to review your CAPP degree evaluation and sent to your department to assign your faculty advisor. You will receive a notice at your ENMU email account.

Major Declaration Form

If you are unsure about your major, Counseling and Career Services offers career planning assistance. You can also research ENMU's majors and programs online before you make your decision. If you have questions about a degree plan or classes required for a particular degree, discuss the degree program with an academic advisor in the discipline before declaring a major.