Explore This Section

Title IV Federal Student Aid funds are awarded under the assumption you will attend classes for the entire period for which the aid is awarded. When you completely withdraw from ENMU, officially or unofficially, you may no longer be eligible to receive the full amount of Title IV aid you were originally awarded.

Returning the Financial Aid You Received

Academically related attendance activities are recorded when you physically attend classes, take exams, submit your required assignments, attend school-assigned study groups, etc. If you begin an academic period (e.g. a semester) and you do not complete at least 60% of the period, we will recalculate your aid to show the actual percentage of aid which you actually earned. This percentage is found by dividing the number of days you attended by the number of days in the academic period.

If the amount of you received is greater than the amount you actually earned according to this recalculation, the rest of the money you received must be returned to the appropriate aid program. If the amount you received is less than what you earned (and for which you are eligible), you'll have access to any earned funds after you complete the withdrawal process.

If you fail all of your classes in any given academic period (e.g. semester) you will be unofficially withdrawn from ENMU.

Unearned funds are returned to the Department of Education in this order:

  • Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
  • Subsidized Stafford Loan
  • Perkins Loan
  • Graduate PLUS Loan
  • PLUS Loan
  • Pell Grant
  • SEOG Grant
  • TEACH Grant
  • Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant

Please note, if you withdraw from your ENMU classes, you are responsible for paying any balance due after the required return of federal student aid funds.

For more information or to view the Title IV policy, please contact the Office of Financial Aid, 575.562.2194.

Contact Information

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
ENMU Station 20
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
800.FOR.ENMU (800.367.3668) 
Phone: 575.562.2194
FAX: 575.562.2198