If you don't intend to complete an ENMU degree and are taking coursework for personal enrichment or to transfer to another college, you're considered a non-degree student. If you're not seeking a degree, there are a few differences, including the application process.
- When you are a non degree student, you are not eligible for financial aid.
- When you complete coursework as a non-degree student, up to 30 hours of non-degree status courses can be applied toward an ENMU degree.
Apply Online Come Visit Request Info
When you are not seeking to complete a degree at ENMU, there are only two things you'll need to provide:
- ENMU admission application – fill out our online application, or download an application and mail it to us.
- Letter of Good Standing or an official transcript from the last institution you attended.
Send your application materials to:
Office of Enrollment Services
ENMU Station 7
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
Taking Courses that Require Prerequisites
You can choose classes from the published course schedule. Be sure to check if there are prerequisites for any class you might want to take, because you'll need to complete those before you can take the class. If you are confident you would be able to take the class without completing prerequisites, be sure to speak with the professor teaching the class, so they can help you register. Once the professor agrees you can take the course, they will notify the Registrar so you can register for that class.
View the current course schedule >
Ready to Pursue a Degree?
If you change your mind and decide to pursue a degree at ENMU, we'll need you to provide the following:
- ENMU Application for Admission – Re-submit your free online application.
- Be sure to answer "Yes" to the question asking if you're seeking a degree.
- FAFSA application (Eastern's FAFSA school code is 002651).
- Official copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended previously.
- If you have completed less than 30 college credits, you will also need to submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED certificate and ACT or SAT scores.
Still have questions about the ENMU experience?
Our President's Ambassadors are available to answer any questions you may have. Send them a short note.