In this online master's in education administration program, you have the option of pursuing a Master of Education with an emphasis in education administration or post-master's coursework in education administration to obtain administration licensure.
- Admission to the Graduate School.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA between 2.8 and 2.99 will be considered for "conditional admission; if accepted, applicants must earn a minimum GPA of 3.0 with no grade less than a "B" during the first semester of enrollment.
- A photocopy of your teaching license.
You can find more information about this process on our How to Apply page.
Online Master's in Education Administration Program Highlights
- 100% online
- Connects theory and practice
- Develop leadership skills through academic studies, research and on-the-job internships
- Courses taught by professionals who have experience in multiple areas of administration
- Licensure option for individuals who have completed a master's degree and who have or are eligible for a New Mexico Level 3 teaching license
- Affordable tuition
Education Administration (36 hours)
Note: Degree information shown on this page is based on the 2020–22 Graduate Catalog.
Core Requirements (15 hours)
|EDF 500 Educational Research||3|
|EDF 515 Theories of Learning and Motivation||3|
|EDF 530 Assessment||3|
|EDAD 560 School Law||3|
|SPED/SED 596 Graduate Capstone Project OR
EDAD 598 Internship II
Emphasis Area (21 hours)
|EDAD 525 Personnel||3|
|EDAD 526 Leadership||3|
|EDAD 535 Principal Dispositional Leadership||3|
|EDAD 582 School Finance||3|
|EDF 501 Curriculum: Theory to Practice||3|
|EDF 536 American Curriculum History||3|
|EDAD 597 Internship I||3|
|Please note: Candidates must submit passing scores for the Praxis Educational Administrator: Pre K-12 Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision as the culminating integrative experience in accordance with this Graduate Catalog.|
- Public or private school administrator: assistant principal, principal, athletic director, federal programs director, special education director, assistant superintendent, superintendent
- Instructional leadership role within a school organization
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
ENMU is committed to helping you finance your education. You may have the opportunity to apply for available graduate assistantships and teaching assistantships. For more information contact:
Assistant Professor of Education Foundations and Secondary Education, ES Graduate Coordinator
Education Building (ED), Room 143
Master of Education Administration Social Media Pages:
As New Mexico's largest regional comprehensive university, ENMU offers students more than 90 undergraduate, graduate and certificate options. With affordable tuition and flexible course schedules we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. If you are interested in a master's in education administration degree we encourage you to learn the benefits of Eastern New Mexico University's online master's in education administration program.