Transfer Opportunities

Preparing for transfer is about getting ready to succeed at Eastern. It's about making the right choices for you, based on your major and the campus you hope to attend.

We know when it comes to transferring from one college to another, one size does not fit all. As a transfer student, you can transfer courses you've already taken or completed from an accredited institution to count toward any one of our undergraduate degrees. Find out what courses will transfer by checking out our TES (transfer evaluation system) or contacting one of our admissions specialists for more information.

We have transfer-specific programs and additional information available if you are considering transferring to ENMU. Find out more in the information below.

Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS)

If you have at least 30 hours in a career-technical related discipline or an AAS degree and are looking to transfer to ENMU, our BAAS program provides a clean path to a bachelor's degree. Each BAAS degree plan requires you to have a primary and a secondary concentration area. Your career-technical related credit applies to your primary concentration area; This program is designed to allow you to earn your bachelor's degree within two years of full-time enrollment.

ENMU BAAS Programs

ENMU Senate Bill 77: The Pilot Project

In 2020–21, leaders from Higher Education institutions in southeastern New Mexico worked with legislative leaders from New Mexico to develop a pilot project that supports improved enrollment and transfer between community colleges in the region and ENMU. Senator Gay Kernan (Hobbs, New Mexico) sponsored legislation that ultimately became Senate Bill 77. The bill passed during the 2021 regular session of the New Mexico Legislature and was signed into law by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham on April 5, 2021 (New Mexico Statute 21-1-48).

The members of this collaborative are long-standing partners in delivering educational opportunities to New Mexicans. They look forward to increasing these opportunities for the citizens of eastern New Mexico.

Other Transfer Partnerships

ENMU has 2+2 partnerships with several community colleges which allow you to follow your curriculum for your Associate's degree program while attending your first two years at a community college in your area then transfer into an intended major at ENMU-Portales. Each 2+2 agreement is constructed to allow you to proceed efficiently toward completion of your chosen bachelor's degree program. This means that you will know how all of your credits will transfer from your A.S., A.A., or A.A.S. program to ENMU from the beginning of your college experience.

Transferring from another ENMU Campus

If you've taken courses at ENMU-Roswell or ENMU-Ruidoso, you will need to fill out our Intra-Campus Application to take courses at ENMU-Portales. You should fill out this form during the semester prior to the semester you want to take ENMU-Portales courses.

Intra-Campus Transfer Application

Application Information for Transfer Students

Transferring between colleges can be challenging and ENMU is committed to making the transfer process as simple as possible.

View transfer application information and steps >