Eastern's financial planning certificate program is designed for you if you already have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, and if you are working in the areas of financial planning, accounting, insurance, banking or investment.
Financial planning means much more than just investing. A financial planner is familiar with budgeting, estate planning, insurance planning, retirement planning, saving for education, and tax planning.
Our PFP certificate program helps you understand the complexities of the changing financial climate and allows you to make the right recommendations to your prospective clients.
Once you complete this program, you will be able to sit for the Certified Financial Planning® examination.
Do I Qualify for ENMU's Financial Planning Certificate Program?
Financial Planning Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Highlights
- Affordable. Pay our low in-state tuition for all courses in our certificate program – even if you are not a New Mexico resident.
- Convenient. All financial planning courses are available in 8-week sessions, are available every semester and are available 100% online so you can take courses when it is most convenient for you.
- High Quality. Our qualified faculty bring experience and knowledge from the private and public sectors, and their diverse backgrounds provide you with an enriched learning experience.
- Personal. With a low 17:1 student-to-faculty ratio, our faculty are available to help and genuinely care about your success.
Financial Planning Certificate Program Courses
|PFP 310 Personal Finance||3|
|PFP 320 Business Risk Management and Insurance||3|
|PFP 330 Investments: Principles and Policies||3|
|PFP 340 Tax Planning||3|
|PFP 350 Retirement Planning||3|
|PFP 360 Estate Planning||3|
|PFP 410 Financial Plan Development||3|
Before you can take PFP 410, the capstone course, you must complete all six 300-level courses.You do not have to take the PFP 300 level courses in sequence, but all courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher.
ENMU only issues a "Certificate of Completion" that enables you to sit for the CFP® exam. Our program does not award the CFP® certification. CFP® certification is granted only by Certified Financial Planning® Board of Standards, Inc. to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP® Board Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience and examination requirements.
How Do I Enroll in the PFP Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program?
Other PFP Program Options at ENMU
In addition to our certificate program, you can get your personal financial planning certificate from ENMU via the following:
- Emphasis area for ENMU Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of University Studies
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) concentration for those who have an Associate of Applied Science (AAS), Associate of Science (AS) with a technical or vocational major from an accredited Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)-recognized organization. Find out more about our BAAS programs.
At ENMU, our mission is to combine a traditional learning environment with 21st century technology to provide a rich educational experience with excellent teaching and active learning. ENMU emphasizes liberal learning, freedom of inquiry, cultural diversity and whole student life. With affordable tuition, evening classes as well as select online courses, we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. If you are interested in financial planning degree programs we encourage you to learn more about Eastern New Mexico University's financial planning certificate program.