Eastern's financial planning certificate program is designed for you if you already have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, and if you are working in the areas of financial planning, accounting, insurance, banking or investment.
Financial planning means much more than just investing. A financial planner is familiar with budgeting, estate planning, insurance planning, retirement planning, saving for education, and tax planning.
Our PFP certificate program helps you understand the complexities of the changing financial climate and allows you to make the right recommendations to your prospective clients.
Once you complete this program, you will be able to sit for the Certified Financial Planning® examination.
Do I Qualify for ENMU's Financial Planning Certificate Program?
You qualify to earn this Personal Financial Planning Post-Baccalaureate Certificate at ENMU only if you already have a completed bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education. If you are interested in applying for this post-baccalaureate Financial Planning Certificate Program, please fill out our free admission application.
Financial Planning Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Highlights
- Affordable. Pay our low in-state tuition for all courses in our certificate program – even if you are not a New Mexico resident.
- Convenient. All financial planning courses are available in 8-week sessions, are available every semester and are available 100% online so you can take courses when it is most convenient for you.
- High Quality. Our qualified faculty bring experience and knowledge from the private and public sectors, and their diverse backgrounds provide you with an enriched learning experience.
- Personal. With a low 17:1 student-to-faculty ratio, our faculty are available to help and genuinely care about your success.
Financial Planning Certificate Program Courses
The financial planning certificate program requires completion of the following courses (21 credit hours)
|Personal Financial Planning 310 Personal Finance||3|
|Personal Financial Planning 320 Business Risk Management and Insurance||3|
|Personal Financial Planning 330 Investments: Principles and Policies||3|
|Personal Financial Planning 340 Tax Planning||3|
|Personal Financial Planning 350 Retirement Planning||3|
|Personal Financial Planning 360 Estate Planning||3|
|Personal Financial Planning 410 Financial Plan Development||3|
Before you can take PFP 410, the capstone course, you must complete all six 300-level courses.You do not have to take the PFP 300 level courses in sequence, but all courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher.
ENMU only issues a "Certificate of Completion" that enables you to sit for the CFP® exam. Our program does not award the CFP® certification. CFP® certification is granted only by Certified Financial Planning® Board of Standards, Inc. to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP® Board Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience and examination requirements.
Other PFP Program Options at ENMU
In addition to our certificate program, you can get your personal financial planning certificate from ENMU via the following:
- Emphasis area for ENMU Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of University Studies
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) concentration for those who have an Associate of Applied Science (AAS), Associate of Science (AS) with a technical or vocational major from an accredited Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)-recognized organization. Find out more about our BAAS programs.
How Do I Enroll in the PFP Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program?
ENMU combines an engaging learning environment with current technology to provide a rich educational experience. We focus on preparing students for careers and advanced study; promoting citizenship and leadership skills and values; supporting excellence in teaching and research; and empowering students to respond to a rapidly changing world. With affordable tuition, evening classes as well as select online courses, we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. If you are interested in financial planning degree programs we encourage you to learn more about Eastern New Mexico University's financial planning certificate program.