VA Benefits for ENMU Student Veterans

The school certifying official in the Office of the Registrar certifies your enrollment status to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA determines your eligibility to receive educational assistance, issues benefits and disburses payments. Before the school certifying official can certify your enrollment, you must submit an application for education benefits to Veteran's Affairs and:

Contact Your VA Certifying Official

  • After you register for classes for the semester for which you would like to be certified
  • When you change your address or phone number
  • When you change your degree program, major or catalog
  • When you add or drop classes, or withdraw from ENMU
  • If you take classes at another institution while pursuing a degree at ENMU, and you want those classes certified with VA

ENMU Certifying Official

Chantel Duarte
VA Certifying Official
Office Location: Administration Building (ADM), Room 105
Phone: 575.562.2230

ENMU School Certifying Official Responsibilities

  • Notify VA of:
    • Your degree program
    • The number of hours you are taking which apply toward your degree
    • The beginning and ending dates for each class
    • Tuition and mandatory fees as necessary
  • Keep a record of your educational benefits paperwork processed at ENMU according to record retention policies
  • Advise you about VA policies and procedures regarding your benefit
  • Per Section 21-1-4.5 NMSA 1978 – The VA Certification Official will submit an out-of-state waiver request to the Office of Financial Aid for all students using GI Bill® benefits in order for the student to be charged ENMU's in-state tuition rate.

GI Bill is a Registered Trademark of the U.S Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the U.S government website

Helpful Links for ENMU's Veteran Students