The school certifying official in the Office of the Registrar certifies your enrollment status to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA determines your eligibility to receive educational assistance, issues benefits and disburses payments. Before the school certifying official can certify your enrollment, you must submit an application for education benefits to Veteran's Affairs and:
- Be admitted to ENMU (apply for admission to ENMU).
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program approved for VA educational benefits (see available degree programs).
- Be registered for the semester for which you are requesting benefits.
- Provide a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA and the Request for VA Enrollment Certification.
- Use your VA benefits to take classes at ENMU.
Contact Your VA Certifying Official
- After you register for classes for the semester for which you would like to be certified
- When you change your address or phone number
- When you change your degree program, major or catalog
- When you add or drop classes, or withdraw from ENMU
- If you take classes at another institution while pursuing a degree at ENMU, and you want those classes certified with VA
ENMU Certifying Official
ENMU School Certifying Official Responsibilities
- Notify VA of:
- Your degree program
- The number of hours you are taking which apply toward your degree
- The beginning and ending dates for each class
- Tuition and mandatory fees as necessary
- Keep a record of your educational benefits paperwork processed at ENMU according to record retention policies
- Advise you about VA policies and procedures regarding your benefit