Do I Qualify for This BAAS Program?
Our Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Information Systems (Business) will help you use your prior academic experience to complete your bachelor's degree.
You can enter our BAAS Program to earn your bachelor's degree if you are working on your first bachelor's and have at least one of the following:
- Have an Associate of Applied Arts and Sciences (AAS) degree from an institution with accreditation recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Have earned a significant number of credit hours in a career-technical related discipline from an institution with accreditation recognized by the CHEA
If you have questions about whether or not you can enter the BAAS program at ENMU, please contact Academic Services at [email protected], or 575.562.2314.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
We are committed to helping you finance your education. Students may qualify for many grants, loans, and scholarships offered by Financial Aid and Enrollment Services. Some BAAS students will qualify for the Daniels Fund Boundless Opportunity Scholarship which provides adults entering or returning to college funding for tuition, room and board, and books.
Learning Format for Information Systems (Business)
Our BAAS Information Systems (Business) Concentration is designed to be completed online, in person or with a combination of online and in-person, providing a flexible learning schedule that will work for you. You'll be completing assignments, readings, papers, tests, and projects throughout the semester.
This concentration includes the following course format(s):
- Courses where recorded and live lectures via Mediasite connect you with professors and other students on your own time (labeled "AW")
- Courses where participation with the professor, other online students and students attending the in-person class on campus may be required in real-time (labeled, "SW")
- Courses that are completely online and offered through Canvas, with no recorded lecture or in-person students (labeled "WW")
Faculty and Advising for Information Systems (Business) Majors
The applied arts and sciences faculty are committed to responsible academic advising. This means we help you schedule the right courses at the right time to help you take the next step in your professional career. Faculty members are specialists in their areas of advising and are current with requirements for admission into the programs they advise so you get the academic advice you need, when you need it.
We offer advising via phone or email for online students, and in-person appointments if you are on campus. We look forward to working with you!
Academic Help and Resources for Information Systems (Business)
We want to make sure you get the support you need. We offer flexible tutoring services, including the ENMU Writing Center which is available to help you improve your writing and help you communicate for written, school-related projects and assignments.
We also have online databases, journal articles, and eBooks accessible through the Golden Library. ENMU librarians are available virtually, via phone and email to provide assistance, so you'll always have the help you need to take advantage of library resources.
Service and Mutual Interest Organizations
If you would like to get more involved, ENMU provides the opportunity to use the skills you'll gain while working on your degree to hold leadership positions in our many organizations. At ENMU, you will be able to explore fraternities/sororities and academic, cultural, service, and special interest student organizations. If you see a need for an organization we don't have, you can even start your own.
BAAS Concentration: Information Systems (Business)
The BAAS program requires you to complete 120 hours to earn your bachelor's degree. Within those 120 hours, you must complete General Education Requirements, a primary concentration and a secondary concentration.
As a secondary concentration, Information Systems (Business) includes courses like:
- Business Law
- Introduction to Information Systems
- BMS Excel
- Information Systems for Managers
- Electronic Business Strategy, Architecture, and Design
- Information Systems Security and Ethics
- Project Management