Scholarships for Current ENMU Students

ENMU Foundation Scholarships

The ENMU Foundation offers a variety of scholarships for students of every level (incoming freshman, current/transfer students, and graduate students). Applications are accepted most years Jan. 1 to Feb. 15 of each year for the following academic year scholarships.

Do I Qualify?

You have to be admitted to ENMU in order to apply for ENMU Foundation Scholarships. For admission questions contact the Graduate School, 575.562.2147, before you apply for ENMU Foundation Scholarships.

Learn more about the ENMU Foundation Scholarships

How to Apply

If you are already admitted to ENMU, you can see what scholarships you might qualify for and apply for multiple scholarships with a single online application.

Please call 575.562.2412 if you have any questions about applying for ENMU Foundation Donor Scholarships.

Learn how to apply for Foundation Donor Scholarships

Other Scholarships

Students should request an application from their respective tribe and bring their Financial Need Analysis form (FNA) to the Office of Student Financial Aid. In order to correctly complete the FNA and return it to the tribe, the student's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and ENMU financial aid file must be complete. Upon review of the FNA form, the tribe may offer the student funding. All tribal funds should be sent to Financial Aid for disbursement.

Financial Aid
ENMU Station 20
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
Phone: 575.562.2194

Students may contact their tribes for applications at the following phone numbers:

  • Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma: 800.522.6170
  • Citizen Potawatomi Nation: 800.880.9880
  • Kenaitze Indian Tribe: 907.283.3633
  • Mescalero Apache Tribe: 575.671.4494
  • Navajo Nation: 800.243.2956
  • Pueblo of Isleta: 575.869.7691
  • Pueblo of Laguna: 575.552.1782
  • Pueblo of Zuni: 575.782.4481

If your tribe is not listed you may contact:

Office of Indian Education Programs
U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs
1849 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20240-0001
Phone: 202.208.4871

ENMU is partnering with the Three Rivers Education Foundation to recruit highly qualified individuals into the New Mexico teaching force.

The Three Rivers Teaching Quality Partnership grant provides individuals possessing a Bachelor of Arts degree with no prior teaching experience a $45k one-year, living wage residency experience while you complete an ENMU online Master of Education degree. Participants receive intensive, focused professional development, coaching, mentoring, and job-embedding training.

These students agree to work full time as math, science, or special education teachers at the following affiliated high-need districts for three years immediately after successful completion of the residency: Bloomfield Public Schools, Central Consolidated Schools, Clovis Municipal Schools and Taos Municipal Schools.

For more information about the Three Rivers Teach Quality Partnership, contact the ENMU Graduate School at 575.562.2148, or [email protected].

There are numerous scholarships awarded by agencies, businesses and individuals outside of ENMU.

We encourage you to apply for scholarships that are offered in your local communities. We further encourage you to apply for scholarships that are awarded through major corporations and foundations.

Below we have included links to some of the most frequently awarded outside donor scholarships ENMU students receive. This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all outside donor scholarships, it's just a resource to help you get started.

External Scholarship Resources

Caution: legitimate scholarship information should be free.

Financial Aid Resources

Financial aid is another way to help finance your education. There are other types of financial aid (like loans and grants) you might qualify for.

Learn more at Financial Aid