As per ENMU’s contract with Sodexo, all on-campus catering services are provided by Sodexo. Knowing your approved budget is an important part of hosting any type of on-campus catered event. Use the steps below as a guide to help you avoid common event planning pitfalls to help your Student Organization’s event go off without a hitch!
Important: The faculty/staff advisor for your student organization will need to be the point of contact for all catering and room reservation requests. If you are an ENMU student requesting catering for a personal event, please review the Catering Information for Off-Campus Requests for more information.
Steps for Successful Event Catering
- With the assistance of your student organization’s faculty advisor, choose your event date, location (room or venue) and figure out what your budget will be for the event.
View ENMU calendars to see other scheduled events >
- Reserve the room or venue. You’ll need to check to make sure the room you need is available for your event date and time. You can find room reservation information detailed at Room/Facility Reservations.
View room and facility reservation information >
- At least 10-15 days in advance of your event (sooner is better!), your advisor should order the food. Keep in mind Sodexo needs adequate time to order and receive specialty items that may be included in your catering order. If your event is less than 10 days away from your order date, your advisor will need to call Sodexo to confirm they can fulfill your catering request. Sodexo has CaterTrax, a convenient online ordering option that can be used for most types of catering requests with the following exceptions:
- If your Sodexo Catering request involves people going through the Crossroads Cafe Dining Hall line, your advisor need to call to arrange catering instead of using CaterTrax. Call 575.562.2809.
- Your advisor should fill out the Request for Payment Authorization form and attain required signatures. Sodexo cannot process your catering request until they receive this completed form (requires a VP signature).
Canceling a Catering Order
Food for your event will be ordered when Sodexo receives the Request for Payment Authorization form as indicated above. If you need to cancel your event, your ENMU employee who initiated the order must contact Sodexo at 575.562.2809 to request cancellation at least 72 hours prior to any event to avoid cancellation charges.
For More Information
Unit Marketing Coordinator
Campus Union Building (CUB), Dining Hall