We want your college experience to be memorable because you made friends, gained knowledge and were plugged in on campus. We don't want you to look back on college as a time where you felt overwhelmed or isolated and didn't know where to look for help.
Our licensed counselors are equipped to help you deal with short-term issues like depression, anxiety, phobias, relationship problems, anger management, communication problems, fear of failure and more.
All of our counseling services are confidential and available to give you the help you need, when you need it. Our office is located in Student Academic Services (SAS), Room 232 and we are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. year-round.
Connect at the Counseling Corner
We have a crisis cell phone number for emergencies 24/7 so you can get the help you need, when you need it! Our crisis phone number is 575.607.5689.
At some point, you may have a situation that pulls you away from your academic efforts. When life happens, we have an Absence Alert Form (enmu.edu/AbsenceAlert) that you can use to inform your professors or on-campus employers of your situation, so you don't have to worry about calling everyone in the midst of a crisis.
The Absence Alert provides our office with information about your absence including expected duration of absence and if possible information about your situation. When we receive your Absence Alert, our counseling staff will communicate with all of your professors and anyone else you mention on the form (like on-campus employers) who may be affected by your absence.
Keep in mind, this form does not excuse your absence and it remains your responsibility to contact your professors or on-campus employers once you are able to do so.
We have a variety of resources available to assist you. If you are interested in our counseling staff presenting in your classroom, at your student organization, or to your student employees, please fill out the presentation request form available at enmu.edu/CCPresentationRequest.
Need more Information?
- ENMU Text Line: 575.825.1978
- ENMU On-Call Counselor: 575.607.5689
- Roosevelt County Hospital: 575.359.1800
- ARISE Sexual Assault Services: 575.226.7263
- NM Crisis and Access Line: 855.NMCRISIS (855.662.7474)
- National Hopeline Network: 800.SUICIDE
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800.273.TALK (8255)
- BoosterBuddy – Interactive coping techniques for a variety of mental health issues
- Calm – a variety of daily, weekly or monthly calming, breathing and meditation techniques
- Calm Harm – Interactive app to prevent self-harm, but works well for other persistent thoughts and anxieties
- Clear Fear – Interactive app for anxiety
- Daylio – A mood tracking App
- Headspace – Mindfulness and Meditation app
- #SelfCare – Interactive app
- Sleep Cycle
- Spark People
- Ten Percent Happier – Meditation app
U-Lifeline is a site with information on a multitude of topics on life concerns you may be having.
To log in:
- Go to ULifeline.org.
- Click on "student login."
- Select United States of America.
- Select New Mexico
- A new university selection box will appear. Select Eastern New Mexico University.
- Click "log in."
Connect with us on Social Media
For More Information Contact
Counseling and Career Services
ENMU Station 34
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130