- The student and parent must meet the following qualification to be awarded financial aid each year:
- Be a US Citizen or eligible non citizen
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis in a program leading to a certificate or degree at an eligible post-secondary institution
- Demonstrate financial need for need-based aid
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Not be in default or owe a refund on any federal aid program
How do I apply for financial aid?
- Students apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Students received a Student Aid Report (SAR) in the mail or an e-mail confirmation. Financial Aid at ENMU receives the same information within one to two weeks and sends a request to the student if any additional documents are needed.
Once the file is complete, the student’s financial aid is awarded based on the following:
- Cost of Attendance
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Other Financial Assistance
- Financial Need (unmet need)
- Availability of Funds
What is "Other Financial Assistance?"
Other financial assistance refers to any outside scholarships, participation awards, grants or assistance received by the student other than federal financial aid.
For More Information Contact
ENMU Station 20
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130