At the Advising Center, we help you:
- Clarify your educational goals
- Learn more about educational options available at ENMU
Academic advising is an important part of your success at ENMU. We
- Typically assist if you have less than three college semesters completed and you register for classes each semester
- Help you to decide and declare your major
- Help you with your initial registration if you are a new incoming freshman or a readmitted student
Career planning assistance is available at Counseling and Career Services.
You Haven't Declared Your Major?
- Check your student records for any holds.
- Review your CAPP degree evaluation for unmet general education requirements.
- Review one of the General Education Checklist.
- Make a list of classes you want to take this semester. Check the course schedule.
- Make an appointment with the Advising Center. We are located in Student Academic Services (SAS), Room 214. Call 575.562.2338 to make and advising and registration appointment.
Already Declared Your Major?
- Access and review your CAPP degree evaluation from the myENMU Portal. See your advisor or department secretary.
- Use your degree evaluation to review all the classes you have completed or are taking.
- Make a list of classes you want to take for the semester.
- Check the course schedule to see if those classes are available. Write down the CRN numbers for your chosen classes.
- Check your student records for any holds. Some holds must be cleared before you can register for classes. These include: Admissions Hold, Student Accounts Hold or ENMU Department of Public Safety hold.
- Make an appointment with your advisor. Your advisor is listed on your myENMU Portal home page. If you still don't know, ask your department chair or department secretary.
- Meet with your advisor regarding your CAPP degree evaluation and list of classes you want to take.
- Register online after your advisor removes your advising hold.