Online Aviation Degree Program – BAAS in Aviation Science
Continue to work full-time while you complete this aviation degree entirely online
Explore. Experience. Excel.
BAAS Aviation Science Degree Program
The BAAS – Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science in Aviation Science is perfect for you if you are a non-traditional student with extensive field experience in aviation and either an accumulation of a minimum of 30 semester hours of aviation-related credits through other institutions, or you hold an Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P). You can continue to work full-time while you complete this degree entirely online (through web-based or lecture-capture based courses) or with a combination of both online and in-person classes.
#6 in Nation
#1 in Nation
#3 of 10 Best
#1 in Nation
Career Opportunities with a Bachelor's Degree in Aviation
A BAAS degree in aviation science offers you a broad view of aviation and provides the academic foundation necessary for you to pursue a wide range of employment opportunities in:
- Ground operations and servicing
Do I Qualify for This BAAS Program?
Our Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science in Aviation Science will help you use your prior academic experience to complete your bachelor's degree.
You can enter our BAAS Program to earn your bachelor's degree if you are working on your first bachelor's and have at least one of the following:
If you meet any of these requirements, you may be qualified to pursue the B.A.A.S. degree.
- Have an Associate of Applied Science degree (A.A.S.) in Aviation or Aeronautics
- Hold a valid Airframe and Powerplant certificate (A&P)
- Earned 30 to 58 hours of college credit in an aviation or aeronautical technical field
- Have extensive military training in an aviation or aeronautical technical field
If you have questions about whether or not you can enter the Aviation Science BAAS program at ENMU, please contact Aviation Program Director Alice Harshey-Bischoff, 575.562.2732 or fill out the contact form below.
Affordable Bachelor's in Aviation Science
In a time when it's common for student loan balances soar into triple digits, ENMU offers you a quality, affordable alternative. At ENMU, it is within your reach to get a quality degree without a heavy burden of student loan debt. Additionally, if you take 6 or fewer hours per semester as an out-of-state student, you'll save even more with our New Mexico in-state tuition.
Whether you're on-site or online, our tuition rates are competitive with many other great colleges and universities across the nation and we are always ranked in the top 10 most affordable Southwest of all four-year universities.
Learning Format for Aviation Science Coursework
When you are working on your Bachelor of Science in Aviation Science at ENMU, you'll be completing assignments, readings, papers, tests and projects throughout the semester. All Aviation Science Program courses are offered through Canvas. This degree includes three different online course formats:
- Course sections where recorded and live lectures via Mediasite connect you with professors and other students on your own time are labeled "AW."
- Courses where participation with the professor, other online students and students attending the in-person class on campus is required in real-time are labeled, "SW."
- Courses that are completely online and offered through Canvas, with no recorded lecture or in-person students are labeled "WW."
Scholarships and Financial Assistance for Aviation Majors
We are committed to helping you finance your education. In addition to grants, loans, and work-study offered University-wide, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offers scholarships for current students. Additionally, many ENMU students work part-time jobs on campus to help finance their education.
Aviation Service and Interest Organizations
- Alpha Eta Rho (AHP)
- Professional Aircraft Mechanics Association (PAMA)
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE)
- Association for Women in Aviation Maintenance (AWAM)
BAAS Concentration: Aviation Science
The BAAS program requires you to complete 120 hours to earn your bachelor's degree. Within those 120 hours, you must complete General Education Requirements, a primary concentration and a secondary concentration.
If you have questions about what credit may apply toward your BAAS degree requirements, please contact Aviation Program Director Alice Harshey-Bischoff, 575.562.2732 or fill out the form below.
As a secondary concentration, Aviation Science includes courses like:
- Introduction to Aviation
- Aviation Law
- Aviation Safety and Human Factors
- Airport Operations
- FBO Management
- Contemporary Issues in Aviation
- FAA Regulations
- Senior Seminar
- Survey of Economics
- Macroeconomic Principles
- Microeconomic Principles
- Report Writing
- Professional and Technical Communication
- MS Excel
- Organizational Behavior
Other Aviation Science Options at ENMU
In addition to our bachelor's program, you can get your aviation science degree from ENMU via the following: