Nursing is a wonderfully diversified profession, offering opportunities for service, altruism, personal and professional fulfillment, advancement and success. Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Completion Program, offered exclusively online, uses theoretical principles of nursing to enhance your critical thinking, natural curiosity, experiential awareness and enhanced clinical judgment.
In order to enter the BSN program, you need to apply for ENMU admission and also apply to the Nursing Program. The RN to BSN Completion Program does not give you an RN license. An RN license is required for entry into this program.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
We are committed to helping you finance your education. In addition to grants, loans, and work-study offered University-wide, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offers scholarships for current students. Additionally, many ENMU students work part-time jobs on campus to help finance their education.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Accept personal accountability for ethical and competent nursing practice, as well as for continuing professional and personal development.
- Base clinical judgment on methods of scientific inquiry and evidenced-based practice, including the nursing process, to meet clients' needs for increasingly complex healthcare in various settings.
- Apply concepts from nursing theories and research, cultural competencies and the science and humanities to assess individual clients, families and communities for nursing intervention.
- Collaborate with clients and other healthcare professionals to plan and deliver care.
- Communicate effectively using 21st century technology including the oral and written word to critically think about major concepts and processes central to nursing (e.g. ethical and effective leadership and clinical excellence).
Career Opportunities with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
When you major in nursing, you can look forward to advanced career opportunities. This degree may open the door to managerial positions and higher earnings or increase your chance for advancement.
Our baccalaureate nursing program has received continued accreditation through the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) through Spring 2023.
BSN Completion Program – Student Achievement Data
Data shown below is for students who completed the program during the 2016-17 academic year.
Registered Nurse (RN licensure):
- Students in the BSN completion program are required to hold an RN degree upon admission to the program. No additional licensure or certification is required.
Students Completing the Program:
- Graduates complete the BSN program within an average of 3.2 to 3.5 years.
- Part-Time enrollment: 71%.
- Full-Time enrollment: 29%.
Beginning in fall 2017, we will be offering 8-week courses. If you are a full-time student, this means you can complete your BSN degree in 16 months (once your general education credits are completed).
- 90% of the students enrolled in the BSN Completion Program are employed full-time as RNs while in the program.
- Upon completion of the program, 100% of students are employed, with 84% of graduates reporting improved career advancement opportunities with a BSN degree.
Courses You'll Take
You can find additional information about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, including the courses you will take when you're a nursing major at Eastern.
BSN Course Rotation
Note: Degree information shown on this page is based on the 2019-21 Undergraduate Catalog.
Service and Mutual Interest Organizations
At graduation, you can become a member of Sigma Theta Tau, the honor society of nursing. You can also become a member of the American Nurses Association, a national organization devoted to increasing nursing knowledge and nursing concerns in the field of healthcare.
Nursing Social Media Pages:
At ENMU, our mission is to combine a traditional learning environment with 21st century technology to provide a rich educational experience with excellent teaching and active learning. ENMU emphasizes liberal learning, freedom of inquiry, cultural diversity and whole student life. With affordable tuition, evening classes as well as select online courses, we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. Apply now or contact us for further information on how to advance your career by earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.