Nursing is a wonderfully diversified profession, offering opportunities for service, altruism, personal and professional fulfillment, advancement and success. Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Completion Program, offered exclusively online, uses theoretical principles of nursing to enhance your critical thinking, natural curiosity, experiential awareness and enhanced clinical judgment.
In order to enter the BSN program, you need to apply for ENMU admission and also apply to the Nursing Program. The RN to BSN Completion Program does not give you an RN license. An RN license is required for entry into this program.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
We are committed to helping you finance your education. In addition to grants, loans, and work-study offered University-wide, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offers scholarships for current students. Additionally, many ENMU students work part-time jobs on campus to help finance their education.
Program Learning Outcomes
By the end of the program, ENMU BSN graduates will:
- Accept personal accountability for ethical and expert nursing practice, as well as for continuing professional and personal development.
- Base clinical practice on methods of scientific inquiry and evidence-based practice to meet the client's need for increasingly complex health care in various settings.
- Apply concepts from nursing theory, research, cultural competencies, the sciences, and the humanities to assess and meet the health needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Collaborate with clients, communities, and other health care professionals to plan and deliver holistic, patient-centered care.
- Communicate and manage knowledge effectively, using contemporary information technology to integrate contextual nursing principles into nursing practice.
Career Opportunities with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
When you major in nursing, you can look forward to advanced career opportunities. This degree may open the door to managerial positions and higher earnings or increase your chance for advancement.
The Eastern New Mexico University Baccalaureate (BSN Completion) nursing program at 1500 S. Ave K., Station #12, located in Portales, NM 88130 is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Baccalaureate (BSN Completion) nursing program is: Continuing Accreditation.
BSN Completion Program – Student Achievement Data
Data shown below is for students who completed the program during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Registered Nurse (RN licensure):
- Students in the BSN completion program are required to hold an RN degree upon admission to the program. No additional licensure or certification is required.
Students Completing the Program:
- Graduates complete the BSN program within an average of 4.4 years. (72.2%)
- Part-Time enrollment: 72%.
- Full-Time enrollment: 28%.
The BSN completion program offers 8-week courses. If you are a full-time student, this means you can complete your BSN degree in 16 months (once your general education credits are completed).
- 100% of the students who received their BSN degree in the 19-20 academic year were employed as RNs upon graduation.
Courses You'll Take
You can find additional information about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, including the courses you will take when you're a nursing major at Eastern.
BSN Course Rotation
Note: Degree information shown on this page is based on the 2021-23 Undergraduate Catalog.
|Nursing 415C||Yes (16-week course)||Yes (16-week course)||Yes (16-week course)||Yes (16-week course)||No|
|Nursing 425C||Yes (16-week course)||Yes (16-week course)||Yes (16-week course)||Yes (16-week course)||No|
Service and Mutual Interest Organizations
At graduation, you can become a member of Sigma Theta Tau, the honor society of nursing. You can also become a member of the American Nurses Association, a national organization devoted to increasing nursing knowledge and nursing concerns in the field of healthcare.
Nursing Social Media Pages:
ENMU combines an engaging learning environment with current technology to provide a rich educational experience. We focus on preparing students for careers and advanced study; promoting citizenship and leadership skills and values; supporting excellence in teaching and research; and empowering students to respond to a rapidly changing world. With affordable tuition, evening classes as well as select online courses, we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. Apply now or contact us for further information on how to advance your career by earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.