Thermofisher Legend XTR Bench Top Centrifuge
Used to spin 4 x 750 mL or many 15 mL or 50 mL tubes. Good for harvesting cell cultures and general sedimentation.
Funded by ENMU Academic affairs (2011)
BMG Polarstar Omega Microplate Reader
For measuring spectroscopic properties of up to 384 samples. Also contains 2 syringes for real time injections into the wells.
Funded by HSI-STEM (2012)
For growing bacterial cultures (another downstairs in S170).
Funded by NIH NM-INBRE (2005)
For spinning microcentrifuge tubes (up to 2 mL).
Funded by Academic Affairs ENMU (2010)
A robotic automated microcentrifuge and micropipetor which allows for complete DNA and protein purification processes to be carried out automatically.
Funded by Academic Affairs, ENMU (2010)
Bio-Rad Universal Imaging Hood II
To document protein and DNA gels that contain separated bands.
Funded by NIH NM-INBRE (2003)
Agilent Infinity 1200 Series High Pressure Liquid Chromatography System
For separating molecules on chromatography columns using organic solvents.
Funded by NIH NM-INBRE (2013)
TA Instruments Isothermal Titration Calorimeter
To measure molecular interactions by detecting heat changes during titrations.
Funded by HSI-STEM (2013)
Biorad NGC Medium Pressure Liquid Chromatography System
For separating molecules on chromatography columns using aqueous solvents containing salts
Funded by NIH NM-INBRE and Academic Affairs ENMU (2013)
- French Press (NIH NM INBRE 2004)
- Mettler-Toledo Analytical Balance (0.1 mg) (Dept of Physical Sciences 2013)
- Horiba Fluoromax 3 (NIH NM INBRE 2011)
- Bio-Rad SDS PAGE apparatus (Dept of Physical Sciences 2004)
- Integra Vacusafe Aspiration system, multi-channel pipettes (12 x 1 mL, 8 x 100 uL (HSI-STEM 2012)
- Incubators/-20 °C Freezers (NIH NM INBRE 2003)
- Quartz 96 well plates (NIH NM INBRE 2012)
- VWR -80 °C Freezer (Academic Affairs ENMU 2012)