We want your college experience to be memorable because you made friends, gained knowledge and were plugged in on campus. We don't want you to look back on college as a time where you felt overwhelmed or isolated and didn't know where to look for help. To serve you we provide licensed counselors equipped to help you deal with short-term issues like depression, anxiety, phobias, relationship problems, anger management, communication problems and fear of failure. We also provide confidential assistance for students who have been the victims of sexual assault.
All of our services are free and confidential. We see students by appointment and for after hours we have 24/7 crisis counseling. If you have on-going needs we may refer you for outside help.
Eight Dimensions of Wellness
We know that mental health is a complex and important part of your holistic health. When talking about mental health we focus on eight factors that affect your mental health. We call these the Eight Dimensions of Wellness.
Our office is located in Student Academic Services (SAS), Room 232 and we are open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-noon and 1-5 p.m. year round.
As an ENMU student, you can make an appointment with a licensed therapist in the Office of Counseling and Career Services by calling 575.562.2211 or by stopping by Student Academic Services (SAS), Room 232. We also have a crisis cell phone number for emergencies or after normal business hours so you can get the help you need, when you need it.
Our CRISIS phone number is 575.607.5689.
Crisis Situation Contacts
- Counseling and Career Services: 575.562.2211
- On-call counselor: 575.607.5689
- National Hopeline Network: 800.SUICIDE (800.784.7433)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800.273.TALK (800.273.8255)
- ENMU Department of Public Safety: 575.562.2392
- Portales Police: 575.356.4404
- Clovis Police: 575.769.1921
- Police Escort: 575.760.2945
- Roosevelt County Hospital: 575.359.1800
- ARISE Sexual Assault Services: 575.226.7263
U-Lifeline is a site with information on a multitude of topics on life concerns you may be having.
To log in:
- Go to ulifeline.org.
- Click on "student login."
- Select United States of America.
- Select New Mexico
- A new university selection box will appear. Select Eastern New Mexico University.
- Click "log in."
Connect with us on Social Media
For More Information
Counseling and Career Services
ENMU Station 34
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
Office Location: Student Academic Services (SAS), Room 232
Our mission in Counseling and Career Services is to provide the University community with comprehensive, high-quality personal and career counseling as well as multiple resources and educational training to enable students, faculty, staff and alumni an opportunity to secure personal wellness and achieve employment goals.