Master of Science in Physical Education
The fitness industry is a multibillion-dollar industry; a degree in sport administration can help you meet a need in a growing career field.
Complete the form below to get more information about our Master's in Physical Education: Sport Administration.
Because our class sizes are small, your professors really get to know you and are heavily invested in your success. Our faculty has real-world experience to help guide you every step of the way.
When you're here, you're part of the Greyhound Family. With over 50 student organizations, you'll have the opportunity to make lifelong friends with people who have similar interests.
As one of the most affordable degree programs in the Southwest, ENMU allows you to get a degree without a huge burden of debt.
Student Success! That's What We're About!
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) accredited
- Trusted reputation among employers for providing top-quality graduates
- Hands-on learning opportunities
- Qualified faculty who care about your success
- Small class sizes with a low 17:1 student-to-teacher ratio
- Affordable tuition rates
Apply today or fill out the form to contact an advisor to see if this program is a good fit for you.
Get Started Today!
We'd love to hear from you! You can give us a call or fill out the form to get more information.
Assistant Professor, HPE Graduate Coordinator
Office Location: Agriculture (AG), Room 114B
ENMU offers programs of study leading to a Master of Science in Physical Education. The sport administration emphasis focuses on management.
This program can be completed online (through web-based or lecture-capture based courses). The MS in Physical Education with emphasis in sport administration is a great fit for working professionals who need flexibility and practical experience for career advancement.
- Distinguished faculty dedicated to your career path
- Internship placement assistance
- Focus on career development and sport/athletic business skills
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
We are committed to helping you finance your education. In addition to grants, loans and scholarships offered by Financial Aid and Enrollment Services, there are also many scholarships for current students available through the ENMU Foundation.
Our program is designed to be completed online, in person or with a combination of online and in-person, providing a flexible learning schedule that will work for you. You'll be completing assignments, readings, papers, tests and projects throughout the semester.
This concentration includes the following course format(s):
- Courses where recorded and live lectures via Mediasite connect you with professors and other students on your own time (labeled "AW")
- Courses where participation with the professor, other online students and students attending the in-person class on campus may be required in real-time (labeled, “SW”)
- Courses that are completely online and offered through Canvas, with no recorded lecture or in-person students (labeled "WW")
Hands-On Experience/Special Opportunities
We also have a limited number of part-time graduate assistantships available. Graduate assistantships providing hands-on experience may be awarded to qualified students. In addition to a stipend, graduate assistantships include a tuition waiver, which gives out-of-state students our low in-state tuition. A limited number of student-hire positions are also available.
Faculty and Advising
The program faculty are committed to responsible academic advising. This means we help you schedule the right courses at the right time to help you take the next step in your professional career. Faculty members are specialists in their areas of advising and are current with requirements for admission into the programs they advise so you get the academic advice you need, when you need it.
Academic Help and Resources
We want to make sure you get the support you need. We offer flexible tutoring services, including the ENMU Writing Center which is available to help you improve your writing and help you clearly communicate for written, school-related projects and assignments.
We also have online databases, journal article, and eBooks accessible through the Golden Library. ENMU librarians are available virtually, via phone and email to provide assistance, so you'll always have the help you need to take advantage of library resources, even if you're sitting in front of your computer at home.
Service and Mutual Interest Organizations
If you would like to get more involved, ENMU provides the opportunity to use the skills you'll gain while working on your degree to hold leadership positions in our many organizations. At ENMU, you will be able to explore more than 50 student organizations that range from academic, cultural, multicultural, service, special interest and fraternities/sororities.
If you see a need for an organization we don't have, you can even start your own.
As a graduate of this program, you are prepared to pursue employment or advancement in career paths such as:
- Athletic department management at the collegiate or interscholastic level
- Professional sport organization marketing, promotion, finance and other areas
- Event management
- Sports venue/facility management
- Recreation management
Career Services for Students
Career Services offers free job placement assistance to all ENMU students, so if you are looking for a job, we can help you find it.
We offer many resources including various workshops throughout the year covering topics like resume writing, interviewing for jobs, and more! As an ENMU student, if you’re interested in individual help for things like networking, social media for success, resume writing, and mock interviews, our staff is available to help.
Explore employment opportunities in this field by visiting the O*NET webpage. The U.S. Department of Labor sponsors the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) database. The site aggregates data for occupations across the United States.
Admission Requirements for Physical Education-Sports Administration Program
If you fail to satisfy all of the following requirements for admission within your first 12 hours of graduate study at ENMU, you will be reclassified as a non-degree seeking student and will not be allowed to register for further graduate coursework until all requirements for admission are fulfilled:
- Admission to the Graduate School.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA between 2.8 and 2.99 will be considered for "conditional admission; if accepted, applicants must earn a minimum GPA of 3.0 with no grade less than a "B" during the first semester of enrollment.
- A letter of application to the program. The letter should specify the intended area of emphasis (Sports Administration) and career goals. The letter should be sent to [email protected].
Physical Education Information
You can learn more about this degree and view course information in the Graduate Catalog.
If you are interested in pursuing a Master of Physical Education: Sport Administration please submit an application or contact us for more information.Graduate School Application
All required admission materials should be sent directly to the Graduate School:
ENMU Station 24
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130